Junior Analyst Consumer Markets (m/f)
More than 400 employees from 35 different nations are passionate about the quantitative data which we supply to our international customers from economic, educational and media backgrounds.
From our metropolitan offices in New York, London, Hamburg, and Madrid, we provide clients with an innovative research tool that grants them access to a searchable online quantitative database. In addition, we deliver best-in-class customized market research products – such as international rankings in collaboration with publishers like Burda, Forbes, and Bloomberg.
As a result of our technological expertise and our passion for data, we are a global market leader.
Presently, between a start-up and corporate sized business, we preserve our pioneering spirit and the freedom to follow innovative and unconventional approaches. Following our success, we place high value on fast decision making processes, flat hierarchies and an existence of an established learning-by-doing-culture. The Strategic Market Insights team creates exclusive content for the Statista platform in the form of Statista’s own consumer and expert surveys or industry reports about hot topics on which only little or no data is available. With the Digital Market Outlook (https://www.statista.com/outlook/digital-markets) and the Consumer Market Outlook (https://www.statista.com/outlook/consumer-markets), Statista’s analysts provide deep insights into the digital economy and the consumer goods industry along with forecasts on their future performance.
- Forecasting and modeling the performance of consumer goods markets in an international context (e.g. food, clothes, consumer electronics, etc.)
- Researching, preparing and analyzing data on markets, trends, and companies
- Constant market observation, early identification of relevant events, and assessment of their impact on the performance of markets and companies
- Presenting results in a structured and clear form in Excel and PowerPoint
- Independent idea generation, development of solutions, and communication with customers/external partners
- Degree in economics/business studies/social sciences or a related subject
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience, ideally from a consultancy, start-up, a business development department or the area of market analysis, respectively
- Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters
- Very good MS Excel skills and proficiency with the MS Office suite
- Great interest in market trends and innovations in the consumer goods sector
- A lot of initiative and sense of quality along with a structured and independent approach to work
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ambition to develop new services/products, contribute ideas, and to growth together with us
- Highly reliable and flexible, with excellent communicative skills and the ability to function well in a team environment
A challenging job with a dynamic international team
Modern work environment
Attractive locations in the heart of New York, Hamburg, London and Madrid.
Great opportunities for personal growth and responsibility, as well as great career opportunities.
Join our international team and become part of Statista's success story.