The Global Pyramid Of Wealth
How is wealth distributed across the world? This pyramid shows that 3.4 billion people (71 percent of the world's adults) have a wealth of less than $10,000 in 2015. Another billion people (21 percent of the world's adults) have financial assets between $10,000 and $100,000. At the very top of the pyramid, 34 million people have a fortune of $1 million of higher, and they collectively control a whopping $113 trillion. By contrast the 3.4 billion people at the base control just $7.4 trillion, according to the Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse.
- Distribution of wealth in the United States as of 2013Distribution of wealth in the United States as of 2013
- Private wealth worldwide 2013-2020, by regionPrivate wealth worldwide 2013-2020, by region
- Private wealth worldwide 2013-2020Private wealth worldwide 2013-2020
- China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region June 2016China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region June 2016
- United States - annual real GDP 1990-2015United States - annual real GDP 1990-2015
- GDP comparison of selected European Union member states in 2015 GDP comparison of selected European Union member states in 2015
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in China 2010-2021Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in China 2010-2021
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United Kingdom 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United Kingdom 2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens