The Global Pyramid Of Wealth
How is wealth distributed across the world? This pyramid shows that 3.4 billion people (71 percent of the world's adults) have a wealth of less than $10,000 in 2015. Another billion people (21 percent of the world's adults) have financial assets between $10,000 and $100,000. At the very top of the pyramid, 34 million people have a fortune of $1 million of higher, and they collectively control a whopping $113 trillion. By contrast the 3.4 billion people at the base control just $7.4 trillion, according to the Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse.
- Measure of income inequality in Canada 2000-2014Measure of income inequality in Canada 2000-2014
- Distribution of wealth in the United States as of 2013Distribution of wealth in the United States as of 2013
- Countries with the highest avg. wealth per adult 2016Countries with the highest avg. wealth per adult 2016
- China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region February 2017China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region February 2017
- Per capita disposable income of urban households in China 2008-2016Per capita disposable income of urban households in China 2008-2016
- United States - annual real GDP 1990-2015United States - annual real GDP 1990-2015
- Ultra high net worth individuals - distribution by region 2016Ultra high net worth individuals - distribution by region 2016
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United Kingdom 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United Kingdom 2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl