10 Years Of The iPhone
“Well, today, we’re introducing three revolutionary products of this class. The first one: is a widescreen iPod with touch controls. The second: is a revolutionary mobile phone. And the third is a breakthrough Internet communications device.” Those were Steve Jobs words when he revealed the first ever iPhone at the MacWorld conference on January 9th 2007.
Of course, Jobs wasn’t referring to three different products, but to the iPhone which combined all three functionalities. Few expected the impact this product would have on society: the iPhone introduced smartphones to the masses. In fact, Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer was convinced that the Apple smartphone wouldn’t sell as well as it did.
- Apple iPhone models by original MSRP and current market value 2016Apple iPhone models by original MSRP and current market value 2016
- Market share of Apple iPhone in Great Britain from Q1 2011-Q4 2016Market share of Apple iPhone in Great Britain from Q1 2011-Q4 2016
- Market share of Apple iPhone smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2016Market share of Apple iPhone smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2016
- Forecast of the smartphone user penetration rate in the UK 2014-2021Forecast of the smartphone user penetration rate in the UK 2014-2021
- Sales market share of iPhones in Germany January 2012-July 2015Sales market share of iPhones in Germany January 2012-July 2015
- Market share of smartphone operating systems in Germany 2011-2015Market share of smartphone operating systems in Germany 2011-2015
- Apple iPhone U.S. users by device family 2014-2016Apple iPhone U.S. users by device family 2014-2016
- Global market share smartphone operating systems of unit shipments 2014-2021Global market share smartphone operating systems of unit shipments 2014-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl