Arms & Defense
The World's Arms Exports
The volume of international transfers of major weapons in 2012 to 2016 was 8.4 per cent higher than in 2007 to 2011, according to the SIPRI Arms Transfers Database. This was the highest volume for any five-year period since 1990. The total for 2016 stood at $ 31 billion. The biggest exporters by far are the United States and Russia.
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020
- Leading 100 American retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2015Leading 100 American retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2015
- Industry sectors - expenditure on research and development 2010-2014Industry sectors - expenditure on research and development 2010-2014
- Deaths by firearm-related injuries in the U.S. 1970-2014Deaths by firearm-related injuries in the U.S. 1970-2014
- Deaths by firearm-related injuries in the U.S. 1970-2014 by genderDeaths by firearm-related injuries in the U.S. 1970-2014 by gender
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl