Classifieds are separated here into the categories Desktop and Mobile as well as into the sections Jobs, Motor, Real Estate, and General:
- Jobs covers ads by businesses offering permanent employment (e.g., Indeed, Monster)
- Motor covers ads by businesses or consumers offering vehicles for purchase (e.g., Cars.com)
- Real Estate covers ads by businesses or consumers offering real estate for rent or purchase (e.g., Roofstock)
- General covers all forms of ads that are not included in the other categories, including consumers (private indidividuals) looking for other private individuals to complete small-scale, non-permanent jobs (such as contractor services) for them (e.g., TaskRabbit)
- Fees paid by advertisers in order to display an online ad or listing around a specific vertical
- Other advertisements (e.g., banners) on classifieds websites
Digital Advertising Report 2019 - Classifieds
Statista Digital Market Outlook - Segment ReportDownload
Ad Spending Spending Development
in the Digital Classifieds market in million US$ in percent
- Ad Spending
- Spending Development
Split - Desktop/Mobile
in the Digital Classifieds market in percent
Whereas the high growth rates of eCommerce create new possibilities for the Classifieds market in China and Asia as a whole, the European market is already saturated and is expected to reach its peak in 2022 and decline to an extent shortly thereafter. New B2C-oriented business models with a focus on mobile devices could be a leverage point. Under these circumstances, new market players such as the German company Truffls could become game changers in the area of mobile classifieds and lead to additional innovative forms of advertising.
Average Ad Spending per Internet User
in the Digital Classifieds market in US$
in the Digital Classifieds market in million US$
The Digital Classifieds Advertising market builds on Statista’s primary research (the Statista Global Consumer Survey), bottom-up and top-down modeling, market data from independent databases and third-party sources, analyses of various key market and macroeconomic indicators, historical developments, current trends, and reported performance indicators of key market players. Figures are based on net revenues and exclude agency commissions, rebates and production costs.
Here you can find more studies and statistics about "Digital Classifieds".