- Alternative lending for SMEs and freelancers (bank-independent loans)
- Online marketplaces for personal loan applications and private investors
- Peer-to-Peer loans with interest rates depending on internal credit scoring of the platform provider
- Traditional bank loans
- Traditional venture capital investments by institutional or private investors
- Reward-based Crowdfunding (see Crowdfunding)
- Equity-based Crowdfunding (see Crowdinvesting)
Alternative Lending report 2021
Statista Digital Market OutlookDownload
Transaction Value Transaction Value Growth
in the Alternative Lending market in million US$ in percent
- Transaction Value
- Transaction Value Growth
Number of Loans
in the Alternative Lending market in thousand
The appeal of alternative lending to the general public and SMEs is determined by the ease of access to traditional finance, which varies greatly from region to region. The Alternative Lending industry is moving towards consolidation, and traditional lenders and FinTechs are coming together. The increasing share of loan and investment volume is getting funded by banks and such classic investors as pension funds and asset management companies seeking to diversify their portfolio but also interested in AI-powered loan approval processes.
av. Funding per Loan
in the Alternative Lending market in US$
Global Comparison - Transaction Value
in the Alternative Lending market in million US$
The Alternative Lending data is based on Statista’s primary research (the Statista Global Consumer Survey), bottom-up modeling, market data from independent databases and third-party sources, the analysis of various key market and macroeconomic indicators, historical developments, current trends, the reported performance indicators of the key market players, and Statista interviews with market experts.
Here you can find more studies and statistics about "Alternative Lending".