* Please note the following conditions
Use of the label in your promotional materials is only permitted unmodified and only for a period of one year. You may not attribute any statement of fact to Forbes other than your placement on the list in your respective industry. You alone are responsible for the admissibility of the commercial use of the seal under competition law; in this respect, Forbes and Statista give no guarantee and assume no liability. In consideration for payment, you (The Licensee) are hereby granted a nonexclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license during the term of this Agreement for digital use rights (web posting, email, digital presentations, branded social media and similar) and print reproduction use rights (letterhead, sales materials, reports, white papers, brochures, posters and signage and similar) of the Forbes Logo (The Logo) pictured in this agreement. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that The Logo and all right, title and interest therein, is and shall remain the exclusive property of FM. Licensee shall not distort, misrepresent, alter the meaning of or otherwise edit The Logo. FM may terminate this Agreement upon 30 days’ written notice if Licensee materially breaches any of the terms of this Agreement; provided, however, that this Agreement will not terminate if the breaching party has substantially cured the breach to the reasonable satisfaction of FM within 30 days of a notice pursuant to this section. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, Licensee’s right to use The Logo shall immediately terminate and all rights granted to Licensee hereunder with respect to The Logo shall automatically revert to FM without further notice. This Agreement contains the full and complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior representations and understanding, whether oral or written. This Agreement shall be construed and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York.
For the ranking of "America’s Best Recruiting Firms" Statista and Forbes divided the broad field of recruitment firms into two main categories:
- Executive Search (specialized in permanent placement of executive positions with at least USD 100,000 income per year)
- Professional Search (specialized in permanent placement of professional and specialist positions up to USD 100,000 income per year).
The ranking in these categories are based on two surveys:
Client survey: 4,500 candidates and HR-managers as clients of recruitment firms within the last three years
Expert survey: 30,000 external recruiters from recruiting firms were invited, as experts, to share their market insights
The surveys took place between 13th December 2017 and the 12th February 2018 with invitations sent by e-mail including a personalized link. Each respondent could name up to ten recruiting firms per category. Giving a recommendation was not mandatory and an autocomplete function helped the respondent to select a recruiting firm. Respondents were also able to recommend any recruiting firm which did not appear in the auto-complete list.
(1) Candidates and HR-managers were asked to name recruiting firms they know and had worked with in the last three years and were also able to assess the nominated recruiting firms on a scale from 1 ("poor") to 6 ("excellent") in different aspects.
For candidates this assessment included the following aspects:
- Quality and selection of offered positions
- Quality of process (e.g. clear, reliable, timely)
- Quality of communication (e.g. personal, professional).
For HR-managers this assessment included the following aspects:
- Quality and selection of offered candidates and their fit within unique environments
- Quality of process and communication e.g. purposeful, keeping commitments, responsiveness
- Understanding of unique company culture
- Price-performance ratio for offered services
(2) External recruiters were asked to recommend recruiting firms based on the case that they would not be able to provide a service or industry focus themselves. Self-recommendations and recommendations within one’s own recruiting firm were identified and not considered.
In total 6,500 respondents took this year’s surveys with more than 14,500 nominations of recruiting firms.
Recommendations and evaluations from last year's surveys were also considered with a lower weighting to accommodate the consistently high reputation of a recruiting firms work.
The 250 best recruiting firms in each category were ranked based on the score from our elaborate model that included the number of nominations and recommendations as well as the assessment in the various evaluation areas across the groups of participants.
The ranking is comprised exclusively of recruiting firms that have a sufficient number of nominations.