Glossary of Statistical Terms: Definition Aided/unaided awareness
Questions about the awareness of a product in which the brand name is mentioned specifically are referred to as 'aided'.
An example for 'aided awareness' would be the question "Do you know the ice cream brand Ben & Jerrys? When inquiring 'unaided awareness' the question is posed more generally: "Which ice cream brands do you know?"
Please note that the definitions in our statistics encyclopedia are simplified explanations of terms. Our goal is to make the definitions accessible for a broad audience; thus it is possible that some definitions do not adhere entirely to scientific standards.
- Absolute frequencyAbsolute frequency
- Aggregated dataAggregated data
- Aided/unaided awarenessAided/unaided awareness
- Alternative hypothesisAlternative hypothesis
- Arithmetic meanArithmetic mean