Try our corporate solution for free!
+1 (212) 419-5770

Share of travel brands investing in virtual reality 2019

When it comes to the future, technology is looking to be an important part of how we function as a society. This also reflects on the travel industry, which is adapting to the new demands of the traveler by anticipating their future technological needs. While current uses of augmented reality in travel are somewhat limited, there is progress being made. For example, there have been tests of in-flight AR that allows passengers to use mobile devices to experience the environment outside the plane, hopefully allowing for a less claustrophobic flying experience. That being said, not all travel companies are certain VR is the future of travel. According to the source, 20 percent of travel brands will reportedly be investing in Virtual Reality by 2019, while the remaining 80 percent of travel brands do not intend to do so. Who will have made the right decision? We will have to wait and see.

Share of travel brands that investing in virtual reality in 2019

Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Single Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Single Account

$39 $59 per month *
in the first 12 months
33% Discount until September 30th
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$468 / Year
$708 / Year

Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in

Release date

December 2018



Survey time period


Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account.

Single Account
The ideal entry-level account for individual users
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references
$59 $39 / Month *
in the first 12 months
Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract; Prices do not include sales tax.

Statistics on "Virtual reality (VR)"

Further Content: You might find this interesting as well

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.