Try our corporate solution for free!
(212) 419-8286

Opinion of people on the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games' possibility to change Japan 2019

In a survey conducted in December 2019, about 49 percent of Japanese respondents agreed that the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics would be an opportunity to change Japan by improving the country's image and possibly increasing the number of foreign tourists. With another approximately 33 percent agreeing to the statement, an overall majority of around 82 percent foresaw a positive impact of the 2020 Olympics on Japan.

The Summer Olympics were scheduled to take place between 24 July and 9 August in 2020, being held for the second time in the Japanese capital.

Share of people in Japan who agreed the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics would be an opportunity to change the country as of December 2019

Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Single Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Single Account

$39 $59 per month *
in the first 12 months
33% discount until March 31st
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$468 / Year
$708 / Year

Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in

Release date

February 2020



Survey time period

December 5 to December 15, 2019

Number of respondents

1,632 respondents

Age group

18 years and older

Special properties

among respondents with Japanese citizenship; only one answer allowed

Method of interview

Face-to-face interviews, telephone interviews

Supplementary notes

Original question: "Do you think hosting the Tokyo 2020 Olympics can improve Japan's image and increase the number of foreign tourists? Do you think it will be an opportunity to change Japan?"

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account.

Single Account
The ideal entry-level account for individual users
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references
$59 $39 / Month *
in the first 12 months
Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* Prices do not include sales tax.

Statistics on "Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics"

Further Content: You might find this interesting as well


Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.