Premium
Premium statistics

Industry-specific and extensively researched technical data (partially from exclusive partnerships).

A paid subscription is required for full access.

Distribution of the top 500 supercomputers worldwide 2017, by OS family

Distribution of the 500 most powerful supercomputers worldwide as of June 2017, by operating system family

by Arne Holst, last edited Aug 16, 2018
Distribution of the top 500 supercomputers worldwide 2017, by OS family This statistic shows a breakdown of the 500 most powerful supercomputers around the world as of June 2017, by operating system family. As of that date the family of Linux operating systems held a system share of 99.6 percent, leaving just 0.4 percent - two supercomputers - of the top 500 running Unix.
Show more

Distribution of the 500 most powerful supercomputers worldwide as of June 2017, by operating system family

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $588 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account!

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$49 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
paypalgoogleadobepgsamsungtelekom
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron

Christof Baron
CEO, MindShare Germany

Statistics on "Operating systems"
  • Market overview
  • Computer operating systems
  • Tablet operating systems
  • Smartphone operating systems
Discover Statista
Need help with using Statista for your research? Tutorials and first steps
Further Content: Statistics, Studies, and Topic Pages
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.
Do you have any questions about our business solutions?

We provide you with detailed information about our Corporate Account.