Jamaica: number of hotel rooms available by resort area 2010-2018

In 2018, Jamaica counted over 23.6 thousand hotel rooms available, which showed a 4.7 percent growth in comparison to the number registered a year earlier. From 2010 to 2018, the area of Montego Bay, on the North side of the island, was the main spot for tourism accommodation availability. In that last year, Montego Bay registered 9,277 hotel rooms, equivalent to 39.3 percent of the total. Ocho Ríos, however, was the area with highest room occupancy in the Caribbean country in 2018, with 70 percent, ahead of Montego Bay.

Volume of international tourism in Jamaica

The number of international tourist arrivals to Jamaica maintained an overall constant increase from 2009 to 2018. Foreign visitor arrivals reached the 4.3 million mark in that last year, surpassing the total population of the island by almost 1.4 million people. Overnight tourism accounted for 57.2 percent of the total inbound arrivals, while the influx of same-day visitors, only counting cruise passengers, represented the remaining 42.8 percent.

Cruise tourism in Jamaica

Jamaica registered a drop of 13.8 percent in the number of cruise ship calls in 2019 with respect to the previous year, when the country recorded the largest number of cruises served at its ports since 2013. However, this meant a decline of only 3.8 percent in the number of cruise passenger arrivals to the island, which between 2010 and 2017 surged by nearly 111 percent.

Number of hotel rooms in Jamaica from 2010 to 2018, by resort area

Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Single Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Single Account

only $59 / month *
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$708 / Year

Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in
Source

Release date

December 2019

Region

Jamaica

Survey time period

2010 to 2018

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account.

Single Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references
$59 / Month *
Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract; Prices do not include sales tax.

Statistics on "Coronavirus: impact on the tourism industry worldwide"

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.