Q1 2015 to Q2 2019
The volume index indicates the development in the amount of goods and services sold.
This category, according to the source, includes:
- Provision of prepared small edibles for immediate on site consumption aside with the (optional) provision of beverages for immediate on site consumption.
- Provision of prepared meals for non-on site immediate consumption, such as takeaway.
- Provision of home-made small edibles for non-immediate consumption.
- Provision of ready and/or home-made pastry for immediate on site consumption where a seating area is provided, such as lunchrooms.
- Fast food restaurants.
- Provision of ready and/or home-made ice cream for immediate on site consumption, where a seating area is provided.
- Ice cream sellers at markets, fairs and other itinerant sales locations.
- Exploitation of vending machines for snacks and other small edible consumptions.
- Provision of popcorn for immediate consumption.
It is not:
- Provision of ice cream for commercial or business use
- Provision of non home-made edibles to consumers for non-immediate on site consumption.
- Sales of ice cream from home.
- Vending machines catering at companies or institutions.
- Provision of small edibles in school and company cantines.
- Provision of prepared edibles exclusively through a delivery service.
- Provision of edibles through party catering.
* Figures for 2019 are provisional.