Mexico: domestic exploitation of minors 2017, by gender

It was estimated that 4.7 percent of minors aged 5 to 17 carried out household chores in inadequate conditions in Mexico in 2017. Of these, 72 percent were involved in domestic work in dangerous conditions, that is, in an unhealthy environment that involves the handling of dangerous or heavy equipment, or in dangerous places, whereas the remaining 28 percent carried out domestic activities during long hours. Among boys, the most common type of domestic work exploitation was, by far, lengthy periods of time (88.3 percent). Among girls, domestic work in dangerous conditions was significantly higher than among boys.

Percentage of minors carrying out household chores in inadequate conditions in Mexico in 2017, by type and gender

In dangerous conditionsIn lengthy periods of time
---
---
---
Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Premium Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Premium Account

only $59 / month *
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$708 / Year

Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in
Source

Release date

June 2019

Region

Mexico

Survey time period

2017

Age group

5-17 years old

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account!

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$59 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.

Statistics on "Millennials in France"

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.