This statistic shows the answers to a survey question on whether or not portable game consoles such as Nintendo DS or Playstation Vita (but not Nintendo Switch) were used for digital gaming in Flanders, Belgium, in 2017 and 2018. Belgium is divided in three regions, namely Flanders, Wallonia and the Brussels Capital Region. These regions act separately from each other, with consumer surveys sometimes focusing on a region instead of the whole country. Approximately 9 percent of the Flemish population aged 16 to 24 years indicated in 2018 they played digital games at least once in the last month on a portable console. This is higher than the overall percentage, which reached 3 percent.
On which devices have you played a digital game during the past month?
Out of the 4,547 respondents, 65% filled out the survey online through own public recruiting of imec, or through partnerships with VDAB and Mobile Viking. The other 35% was filled out offline, and the participants were approached on markets, in supermarkets, libraries, or during events (e.g. movies).
Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.
iMinds, & IMEC. (February 20, 2019). On which devices have you played a digital game during the past month? [Graph]. In Statista. Retrieved August 07, 2020, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/890862/digital-gaming-penetration-on-portable-consoles-in-flanders-belgium-by-age-group/
iMinds, und IMEC. "On which devices have you played a digital game during the past month?." Chart. February 20, 2019. Statista. Accessed August 07, 2020. https://www.statista.com/statistics/890862/digital-gaming-penetration-on-portable-consoles-in-flanders-belgium-by-age-group/
iMinds, IMEC. (2019). On which devices have you played a digital game during the past month?. Statista. Statista Inc.. Accessed: August 07, 2020. https://www.statista.com/statistics/890862/digital-gaming-penetration-on-portable-consoles-in-flanders-belgium-by-age-group/
iMinds, and IMEC. "On Which Devices Have You Played a Digital Game during The past Month?." Statista, Statista Inc., 20 Feb 2019, https://www.statista.com/statistics/890862/digital-gaming-penetration-on-portable-consoles-in-flanders-belgium-by-age-group/
iMinds & IMEC, On which devices have you played a digital game during the past month? Statista, https://www.statista.com/statistics/890862/digital-gaming-penetration-on-portable-consoles-in-flanders-belgium-by-age-group/ (last visited August 07, 2020)