Topics of the survey
- Bicycles in general
- E-bikes and shared bicycle systems
- Disposition to buy a new bike/e-bike
- Brand/manufacturer awareness
Design of the survey
- Method: Online Survey
- Survey name: Statista Survey E-Bikes 2017
- Region: USA
- Number of respondents: 588
- Age of respondents: 18 to 69 years
- Type of respondents: persons who ride the bike more often than "never"
- Survey time period: 14th to 22nd of March 2017
- Frequency of bike usage
- How often do you ride a bicycle?
- Do you own a bicycle?
- What kind of bicycles do you have in your household?
- Which bicycle(s) do you use most?
- Are you planning to purchase a new bicycle within the next 12 months? This refers only to new bicycles, not to used ones.
- What kind of bicycle will you most likely purchase?
- How much will you spend at max on your new bicycle?
- Have you heard the term ebike before?
- Have you ever ridden an ebike?
- For what kind of rides would you use an ebike?
- For what kind of rides do you use your ebike?
- How likely will you purchase a new ebike within the next twelve months?
- How much would you spend at max on an ebike?
- Which features are important to you, when purchasing an ebike?
- Which of these brands do you know as producers of ebikes?
- From which brand is your ebike?
- Which brands would be an option for you when purchasing a new ebike?
- How did you first hear about ebikes?
- Where would you gather information prior to the purchase of a new ebike?
- From which of these shops and dealers would you consider purchasing your ebike?
- What would make you consider purchasing an ebike?
- Imagine you’d own an ebike, which of these statements apply to you?
- Which of these statements apply to you?
- What objections do you have towards ebikes?
- How often do you use bicycles you borrowed or rented, independently whom from?
- Which options do you have, if you want to borrow a bicycle?
- How often do you use shared bicycle systems, such as BCycle or Citi Bicycle?
- How much do you spend per month on the use of shared bicycles?
- In which situations do you use shared bicycle systems?
- Which alternatives do you replace when using shared bicycle systems?
- Which shared bicycle system do you use most?
- How much do you agree with each of these statements? Please think of the shared bicycle system you use most.
- How happy are you with the bicycle share system you use most overall?
- What convinced you to register at the bicycle share system?
- Why don’t you use shared bicycle systems (yet)?
- What is your gender?
- How old are you?
- Which race/ethnicity best describes you? (Please choose only one.)
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Including yourself, how many people - including children - usually live in your household?
- In what type of community do you live?
- In what state or U.S. territory do you live?
- How much total combined money do all members of your household earn annually?
More than 7,500
- Bicycle industry in the United KingdomBicycle industry in the United Kingdom
- Bicycle market in ItalyBicycle market in Italy
- Bicycle industry in the U.S.Bicycle industry in the U.S.
- Bicycle industry in EuropeBicycle industry in Europe
- Electric vehicles worldwideElectric vehicles worldwide
- Electrically assisted bicycles sold in France 2005-2016Electrically assisted bicycles sold in France 2005-2016
- Import and export values of e-bikes in the Netherlands 2012-2016Import and export values of e-bikes in the Netherlands 2012-2016
- Sales value of new bicycles in the Netherlands 2016-2017, by typeSales value of new bicycles in the Netherlands 2016-2017, by type
- Sales volume of new bicycles in the Netherlands 2015-2017, by bicycle typeSales volume of new bicycles in the Netherlands 2015-2017, by bicycle type
- Sales of electric bicycles in Sweden 2014-2017Sales of electric bicycles in Sweden 2014-2017
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
E-Commerce Spain: Online Stores Ranking Update
Did you know that the top 3 online stores in Spain achieved a market share of over 20 percent in 2017? Understand the e-commerce market in Spain and get to know the top online stores. eCommerceDB offers detailed online store profiles with key data on the largest ecommerce players worldwide.
European Banking Sector
This extended statistical dossier takes an in-depth look at the current health of the European banking sector as well as its ability to meet the demands of a digital future.
New Dossier: Latin American Online Shopping Events
With consistent growth in recent years, e-commerce is rapidly becoming a part of the shopping culture in Latin America. Often offering important discounts, online shopping events represent a major push to online sales in the region.
Updated Brexit analysis available now!
Statista has updated its outline of potential impacts of the Brexit on UK industries, which is included in our 41 UK Industry Reports. Furthermore, the reports feature statistics, forecasts, survey results, and analyses in a form that is easy to read and adopt.
New Dossier: Digital Marketing in Italy
Italian enterprises invest significantly in digital marketing to enhance their presence, yet the potential strategies to follow are extremely diverse. This dossier presents key aspects of the industry according to professionals and marketers, including new trends in content and e-mail marketing.
Statista European Football Benchmark
The European Football Benchmark compares the big 5 European leagues. Find out which league and club have the largest foreign fan potential? Who are the biggest stars? And how expensive it is to be a fan? Read all this and more with Statista’s report: “European Football Benchmark – the big 5 leagues”
New metric unit: Payments in eCommerce
The payment options available for eCommerce customers have long moved beyond simple cash or card payments. The Digital Market Outlook now offers an analysis of payment methods used by customers in online shopping in 50 countries and forecasts for this metric unit up to 2023.
New Dossier: Foreign conflicts of Saudi Arabia
Recently, the kingdom of Saudi Arabia has faced some foreign political challenges with its Middle Eastern neighbors. The kingdom's current conflicts with Yemen, Iran, Qatar, and Turkey are all different in their nature, however, they all bear consequences for the geopolitical dynamic of the region.
New Dossier: Fintech in Italy
The Fintech sector in Italy is developing steadily. Thanks to young entrepreneurs and new platforms, Fintech is gaining recognition as an alternative and as a complement to the traditional financial system. This dossier presents an overview about the scale and ambitions of this innovative sector.
Statista survey on the U.S. motorcycle market
With a market share of 31% Harley-Davidson is the top-dog on the U.S motorcycle market. On top of that the U.S. manufacturer can prevail against the competition in terms of customer loyalty and brand image. Find out which brands come close to the market leader in the Statista motorcycle Report.
Updated Industry Reports France available now!
Statista has updated its 41 Industry Reports for France with the most recent data. They feature statistics, forecasts, survey results, and analyses in a form that is easy to read and adopt. Understand and assess industries with a report that includes the most important key figures!
New Study: The Brexit Factbook
With the UK set to leave the EU in March next year and negotiations stalling, the chance of a no-deal Brexit is increasing. The Brexit Factbook combines the most important statistics about the UK exiting the EU from the lead-up to the referendum to the economic, financial and political consequences.
New Dossier: Avocado market in Latin America
Latin America is one of the main regions producing avocados, a large share of which are exported to the U.S. and Europe. This dossier provides key information about the avocado’s agricultural production, cultivation area, imports and exports in countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia.
New Dossier: Gig economy in the U.S.
The gig economy is a section of the economy which consists of independent contractors and freelancers who perform temporary, flexible jobs. This dossier provides key data on the gig economy in the United States, including information on income and earnings, and access to benefits.
New Dossier: Food trends in the Netherlands
From organic and sustainable food to ‘free from’ products and alternative diets: this new Statista dossier about food trends in the Netherlands covers all you might want to know about what is hot and happening in the Dutch food market.
New Dossier: Direct selling market worldwide
The direct selling market refers to a business model in which products are sold without a 'Brick and Mortar' retail establishment, such as online or person-to-person. This dossier provides key data about this market, with a focus on the United States and the leading companies, such as Amway.
New Dossier: E-commerce in Argentina
Argentina is the second largest e-commerce market in Latin America as of 2017. This dossier provides key information about the different aspects of the e-commerce market in Argentina, including the main retailers, customers, mobile commerce, and more.
New Dossier: Mobile device usage in Belgium
Recent studies showed that Belgium has the highest prices when it comes to mobile data in Europe, with Proximus, Orange and Telenet as the main actors in this market. This dossier provides information on two of these main players and also features data on mobile commerce, video and apps.