Topics of the survey
- Bicycles in general
- E-bikes and shared bicycle systems
- Disposition to buy a new bike/e-bike
- Brand/manufacturer awareness
Design of the survey
- Method: Online Survey
- Survey name: Statista Survey E-Bikes 2017
- Region: USA
- Number of respondents: 588
- Age of respondents: 18 to 69 years
- Type of respondents: persons who ride the bike more often than "never"
- Survey time period: 14th to 22nd of March 2017
- Frequency of bike usage
- How often do you ride a bicycle?
- Do you own a bicycle?
- What kind of bicycles do you have in your household?
- Which bicycle(s) do you use most?
- Are you planning to purchase a new bicycle within the next 12 months? This refers only to new bicycles, not to used ones.
- What kind of bicycle will you most likely purchase?
- How much will you spend at max on your new bicycle?
- Have you heard the term ebike before?
- Have you ever ridden an ebike?
- For what kind of rides would you use an ebike?
- For what kind of rides do you use your ebike?
- How likely will you purchase a new ebike within the next twelve months?
- How much would you spend at max on an ebike?
- Which features are important to you, when purchasing an ebike?
- Which of these brands do you know as producers of ebikes?
- From which brand is your ebike?
- Which brands would be an option for you when purchasing a new ebike?
- How did you first hear about ebikes?
- Where would you gather information prior to the purchase of a new ebike?
- From which of these shops and dealers would you consider purchasing your ebike?
- What would make you consider purchasing an ebike?
- Imagine you’d own an ebike, which of these statements apply to you?
- Which of these statements apply to you?
- What objections do you have towards ebikes?
- How often do you use bicycles you borrowed or rented, independently whom from?
- Which options do you have, if you want to borrow a bicycle?
- How often do you use shared bicycle systems, such as BCycle or Citi Bicycle?
- How much do you spend per month on the use of shared bicycles?
- In which situations do you use shared bicycle systems?
- Which alternatives do you replace when using shared bicycle systems?
- Which shared bicycle system do you use most?
- How much do you agree with each of these statements? Please think of the shared bicycle system you use most.
- How happy are you with the bicycle share system you use most overall?
- What convinced you to register at the bicycle share system?
- Why don’t you use shared bicycle systems (yet)?
- What is your gender?
- How old are you?
- Which race/ethnicity best describes you? (Please choose only one.)
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Including yourself, how many people - including children - usually live in your household?
- In what type of community do you live?
- In what state or U.S. territory do you live?
- How much total combined money do all members of your household earn annually?
More than 7,500
- Bicycle industry in the United KingdomBicycle industry in the United Kingdom
- Bicycle market in ItalyBicycle market in Italy
- Bicycle industry in the U.S.Bicycle industry in the U.S.
- Bicycle industry in EuropeBicycle industry in Europe
- Electric vehicles worldwideElectric vehicles worldwide
- Electrically assisted bicycles sold in France 2005-2016Electrically assisted bicycles sold in France 2005-2016
- Import and export values of e-bikes in the Netherlands 2012-2016Import and export values of e-bikes in the Netherlands 2012-2016
- Sales of electric bicycles in Sweden 2014-2017Sales of electric bicycles in Sweden 2014-2017
- Sales value of new bicycles in the Netherlands 2016-2017, by typeSales value of new bicycles in the Netherlands 2016-2017, by type
- Sales volume of new bicycles in the Netherlands 2015-2017, by bicycle typeSales volume of new bicycles in the Netherlands 2015-2017, by bicycle type
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
New Dossier: United States coal mining industry
U.S. coal production has steadily declined in the past decade, but has been in the news in recent years due to President Trump's desire to revitalize the industry. This document provides an overview of the key figures, leading companies, and the employment trends in the U.S. coal mining industry.
Global Consumer Survey offers PowerPoint export
This new export feature offers
- Structured graphical representation of the data
- Tailored target group analysis
- Option for further processing
New Dossier: E-commerce in Poland
The Polish e-commerce market is one of the fastest developing e-commerce markets in Europe. The latest data for Poland is presented in this dossier.
New Dossier: Plastic waste in the U.S.
Plastic waste is an issue of global concern. Since China banned the import of recycled plastic, the U.S. has had to make adjustments to its management of plastic waste. This dossier provides an overview of plastic waste in the U.S.
New Dossier: Hedge funds
This dossier provides an overview of hedge funds worldwide. Global hedge fund assets, performance, investors, and other topics are highlighted.
New exclusive OOH advertising data by OAAA
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America covers amongst others
- Number of billboards
- Outdoor advertising revenue
- Number of out-of-home displays
What happens after a no-deal Brexit?
Find data, perceptions & more about
- Economic consequences
- Impact on the labor market
- A second referendum
ecommerceDB.com: Ranking update – Spain
Understand the recent developments in the Spanish eCommerce market!
- URL-related revenues
- Relevant online store KPIs
- eCommerce-related contacts
Insights into the European banking sector
- Extended statistical dossier
- Insights, explanations & interpretations
- Challenges of the digital future
Dossier: Latin American online shopping events
eCommerce is rapidly becoming a part of the Latin American shopping culture. The dossier includes data on
- Regional online shopping events
- Events by country
Updated Brexit analysis in UK Industry Reports
The outline of potential impacts of Brexit on UK industries has been updated in the UK Industry Reports.
New Dossier: Digital Marketing in Italy
Italian enterprises invest significantly in digital marketing. Find out about
- Relevant aspects & KPIs
- New trends
- Different strategies
What is football all about, anyway?
Statista European Football Benchmark
- The big 5 European leagues
- All about the clubs & fans
- Sponsors & how they fit in
Payment methods in eCommerce
What are online shoppers' payment preferences around the world?
- Data on all payment methods
- Analysis for 50 countries
- Forecasts up to 2023
New Dossier: Foreign conflicts of Saudi Arabia
The kingdom of Saudi Arabia has faced political challenges.
- Perceptions & trade information
- Conflicts with Yemen, Iran, Qatar & Turkey