Topics of the survey
Design of the survey
- Method: Online Survey
- Survey name: Statista Survey Airtravel 2017
- Region: USA
- Number of respondents: 969
- Type of respondents: US-american residential population, who traveled by air in the past five years, 18 years and older
- Survey time period: April 6th - 14th 2017
- Age groups
- Business Air Travel
- Leisure Air Travel
- [business trips] How often do you travel by air?'
- [leisure trips ] How often do you travel by air?'
- [Short-haul flights (up to 1,500 km / flight time: 2 hours): ] How often did you fly the following routes over the past two years? Please make sure to count outbound and inbound flights individually. Simply give your best guess answer in case you are not'
- [Medium-haul flights (up to 3,500 km / flight time: 5 hours): ] How often did you fly the following routes over the past two years? Please make sure to count outbound and inbound flights individually. Simply give your best guess answer in case you are not'
- [Long-haul flights (more than 3,500 km / flight time: more than 5 hours): ] How often did you fly the following routes over the past two years? Please make sure to count outbound and inbound flights individually. Simply give your best guess answer in case'
- Which class do you usually fly?'
- Where do you book flights?'
- Have you ever booked flights from your smartphone/tablet?'
- How many different websites or providers do you usually compare before you book a flight?'
- How do you learn about new booking websites or a new comparison website that you have not used before?'
- Which of the following aspects do you try to obtain information about before you book at a website you are not familiar with?'
- Which of the following metasearch engines to compare fares do you know, even if simply by name?'
- Which of the following metasearch engines to compare fares have you used?'
- Which of the following metasearch engines to compare fares would you generally consider booking at?'
- Do you collect miles with an airline?'
- Do you have a favorite airline that you – if possible – always book with?'
- Which of the following airlines do you know, even if simply by name?'
- Which of the following airlines have you booked with?'
- Which of the following airlines would you generally consider booking with?'
- Do you use the apps from the airlines you book with?'
- Which services offered by airline apps do you use?'
- Which channels do you prefer when contacting your airline?'
- Overall, how satisfied are you with the contact options that airlines offer?Please consider your previous experiences with all airlines.'
- How much did you pay (per person) for your last short-haul flight? Please enter only half of the actual price in case it was a round-trip flight.'
- How much (per person) did you pay for your last long-haul flight? Please enter only half of the actual price in case it was a round-trip flight.'
- Which services are important to you when flying?'
- At many airlines, customers can choose between all-inclusive prices and the option to book individual services to create a custom service package. Which of the following services would you be willing to pay extra for?'
- Airlines are often hit by strikes. Which of the following statements do you agree to?'
- Overall, do you have a positive or a negative image of so called ULCC (Ultra Low Cost Carrier) airlines like Go! or Allegiant, for instance?'
- Which of the following statements about ULCC airlines do you personally agree with?'
- Which of the following means of transportation do you preferably use for leisure short-distance trips?'
- In your view, what are arguments for flying?'
- In your view, what are arguments against flying?'
- Airplanes have the highest emission of pollutants of all means of transportation. In how far does this influence your choice of means of transportation?'
- Do you usually fly from the same airport?
- How often do you fly from the following airports?
- How do you think the following types of vacation have changed in the past 5 years?
- How satisfied are you with the following aspects of the airports you have been to?
- Which destinations do you prefer?
- How well did your find your way through the airports you have been to (e.g. from the gate to the baggage claim area)?'
- What is your gender?'
- Age categories from 18 (10-year steps)'
- Which race/ethnicity best describes you? Please choose only one.'
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?'
- Which of the following categories best describes your employment status?'
- Including yourself, how many people - including children - usually live in your household?'
- In what type of community do you live?'
- In what state or U.S. territory do you live?'
- How much total combined money do all members of your household earn annually? This includes money from jobs; net income from business, farm, or rent; pensions; dividends; interest; social security payments; and any other money income received by members'
More than 7,500
- Passenger experience at U.S. airports (Statista Survey)Passenger experience at U.S. airports (Statista Survey)
- Airline travel in the United Kingdom (UK)Airline travel in the United Kingdom (UK)
- Worldwide Air Travel Trends and Pricing Report 2016Worldwide Air Travel Trends and Pricing Report 2016
- European AirportsEuropean Airports
- 2018 Air Transport IT Insights2018 Air Transport IT Insights
- United Kingdom (UK): overseas air travel to visit to friends and family 2010-2017United Kingdom (UK): overseas air travel to visit to friends and family 2010-2017
- Annual change in business air travel costs worldwide in 2018, by regionAnnual change in business air travel costs worldwide in 2018, by region
- United Kingdom (UK): overseas business trips using air travel 2010-2017United Kingdom (UK): overseas business trips using air travel 2010-2017
- Passengers transported by low-cost airlines companies in leading French airports 2016Passengers transported by low-cost airlines companies in leading French airports 2016
- Global air travel movements with the United Kingdom (UK) 2003-2016Global air travel movements with the United Kingdom (UK) 2003-2016
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
New Dossier: Fintech in Italy
The Fintech sector in Italy is developing steadily. Thanks to young entrepreneurs and new platforms, Fintech is gaining recognition as an alternative and as a complement to the traditional financial system. This dossier presents an overview about the scale and ambitions of this innovative sector.
Statista survey on the U.S. motorcycle market
With a market share of 31% Harley-Davidson is the top-dog on the U.S motorcycle market. On top of that the U.S. manufacturer can prevail against the competition in terms of customer loyalty and brand image. Find out which brands come close to the market leader in the Statista motorcycle Report.
Updated Industry Reports France available now!
Statista has updated its 41 Industry Reports for France with the most recent data. They feature statistics, forecasts, survey results, and analyses in a form that is easy to read and adopt. Understand and assess industries with a report that includes the most important key figures!
New Study: The Brexit Factbook
With the UK set to leave the EU in March next year and negotiations stalling, the chance of a no-deal Brexit is increasing. The Brexit Factbook combines the most important statistics about the UK exiting the EU from the lead-up to the referendum to the economic, financial and political consequences.
New Dossier: Avocado market in Latin America
Latin America is one of the main regions producing avocados, a large share of which are exported to the U.S. and Europe. This dossier provides key information about the avocado’s agricultural production, cultivation area, imports and exports in countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia.
New Dossier: Gig economy in the U.S.
The gig economy is a section of the economy which consists of independent contractors and freelancers who perform temporary, flexible jobs. This dossier provides key data on the gig economy in the United States, including information on income and earnings, and access to benefits.
New Dossier: Food trends in the Netherlands
From organic and sustainable food to ‘free from’ products and alternative diets: this new Statista dossier about food trends in the Netherlands covers all you might want to know about what is hot and happening in the Dutch food market.
New Dossier: Direct selling market worldwide
The direct selling market refers to a business model in which products are sold without a 'Brick and Mortar' retail establishment, such as online or person-to-person. This dossier provides key data about this market, with a focus on the United States and the leading companies, such as Amway.
New Dossier: E-commerce in Argentina
Argentina is the second largest e-commerce market in Latin America as of 2017. This dossier provides key information about the different aspects of the e-commerce market in Argentina, including the main retailers, customers, mobile commerce, and more.
New Dossier: Mobile device usage in Belgium
Recent studies showed that Belgium has the highest prices when it comes to mobile data in Europe, with Proximus, Orange and Telenet as the main actors in this market. This dossier provides information on two of these main players and also features data on mobile commerce, video and apps.
New Topic page: Chinese tourism in Europe
China’s travel boom has had a notable impact across the global tourism industry, not least in Europe where China is recognized as a key visitor market. This topic page and accompanying dossier highlights the rising number of Chinese tourists in Europe and the main destinations they are heading to.
New Topic Page: Trade across the Irish border
With the UK making plans to leave the EU, it is still uncertain about how this will affect trade across the UK's only land border, the Irish border. This topic highlights the importance of cross border trade and discusses how firms across Ireland are anticipating Brexit to impact their businesses.
Global Industry Reports available now!
Statista now offers industry insights from a global perspective for 34 industries. The reports provide crucial information on the trends moving all major industries. Get a bird’s-eye view on your industry, complete with all essential data, KPIs, and exclusive Statista data.
New Smart TV Industry Whitepaper
Statista Research and Analysis, in cooperation with Chinese smart TV manufacturer TCL Multimedia and its subsidiary FFalcon Technology, is going to present a new white paper on the global Smart TV industry on September 15th, 2018 during the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam.
New Dossier: Electric vehicles in Italy
Is Italy speeding up on electric mobility or is the next charging point still too far away? Have a deeper look into the topic with this new dossier. Statista provides an overview on the market situation and customer attitudes around e-mobility in this country so passionate about cars.
New Topic Page: Brexit negotiations
With an October deadline looming and an unpopular proposal in hand, time is running out for Theresa May to secure a deal with the European Union. This topic highlights some the main issues standing in the way of a deal and explores how the British public have reacted to the ongoing political drama.
New Dossier: eSports in the Benelux region
Revenue might still pale in comparison to other sports, but the recent growth of electronic sports, or eSports, has been immense. This dossier analyzes the popularity of video games and digital games in the Netherlands and the attitude shown towards the trend of online gaming.
New topic page: Organic cosmetics in the UK
As consumers become aware of the potentially harmful ingredients used in conventional beauty products, many are seeking green alternatives which pose a lesser risk to the skin and the environment. This topic page provides an overview of natural and organic cosmetic sales and UK consumer attitudes.