Topics of the survey
Design of the survey
- Method: Online Survey
- Survey name: Statista Survey Airtravel 2017
- Region: USA
- Number of respondents: 969
- Type of respondents: US-american residential population, who traveled by air in the past five years, 18 years and older
- Survey time period: April 6th - 14th 2017
- Age groups
- Business Air Travel
- Leisure Air Travel
- [business trips] How often do you travel by air?'
- [leisure trips ] How often do you travel by air?'
- [Short-haul flights (up to 1,500 km / flight time: 2 hours): ] How often did you fly the following routes over the past two years? Please make sure to count outbound and inbound flights individually. Simply give your best guess answer in case you are not'
- [Medium-haul flights (up to 3,500 km / flight time: 5 hours): ] How often did you fly the following routes over the past two years? Please make sure to count outbound and inbound flights individually. Simply give your best guess answer in case you are not'
- [Long-haul flights (more than 3,500 km / flight time: more than 5 hours): ] How often did you fly the following routes over the past two years? Please make sure to count outbound and inbound flights individually. Simply give your best guess answer in case'
- Which class do you usually fly?'
- Where do you book flights?'
- Have you ever booked flights from your smartphone/tablet?'
- How many different websites or providers do you usually compare before you book a flight?'
- How do you learn about new booking websites or a new comparison website that you have not used before?'
- Which of the following aspects do you try to obtain information about before you book at a website you are not familiar with?'
- Which of the following metasearch engines to compare fares do you know, even if simply by name?'
- Which of the following metasearch engines to compare fares have you used?'
- Which of the following metasearch engines to compare fares would you generally consider booking at?'
- Do you collect miles with an airline?'
- Do you have a favorite airline that you – if possible – always book with?'
- Which of the following airlines do you know, even if simply by name?'
- Which of the following airlines have you booked with?'
- Which of the following airlines would you generally consider booking with?'
- Do you use the apps from the airlines you book with?'
- Which services offered by airline apps do you use?'
- Which channels do you prefer when contacting your airline?'
- Overall, how satisfied are you with the contact options that airlines offer?Please consider your previous experiences with all airlines.'
- How much did you pay (per person) for your last short-haul flight? Please enter only half of the actual price in case it was a round-trip flight.'
- How much (per person) did you pay for your last long-haul flight? Please enter only half of the actual price in case it was a round-trip flight.'
- Which services are important to you when flying?'
- At many airlines, customers can choose between all-inclusive prices and the option to book individual services to create a custom service package. Which of the following services would you be willing to pay extra for?'
- Airlines are often hit by strikes. Which of the following statements do you agree to?'
- Overall, do you have a positive or a negative image of so called ULCC (Ultra Low Cost Carrier) airlines like Go! or Allegiant, for instance?'
- Which of the following statements about ULCC airlines do you personally agree with?'
- Which of the following means of transportation do you preferably use for leisure short-distance trips?'
- In your view, what are arguments for flying?'
- In your view, what are arguments against flying?'
- Airplanes have the highest emission of pollutants of all means of transportation. In how far does this influence your choice of means of transportation?'
- Do you usually fly from the same airport?
- How often do you fly from the following airports?
- How do you think the following types of vacation have changed in the past 5 years?
- How satisfied are you with the following aspects of the airports you have been to?
- Which destinations do you prefer?
- How well did your find your way through the airports you have been to (e.g. from the gate to the baggage claim area)?'
- What is your gender?'
- Age categories from 18 (10-year steps)'
- Which race/ethnicity best describes you? Please choose only one.'
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?'
- Which of the following categories best describes your employment status?'
- Including yourself, how many people - including children - usually live in your household?'
- In what type of community do you live?'
- In what state or U.S. territory do you live?'
- How much total combined money do all members of your household earn annually? This includes money from jobs; net income from business, farm, or rent; pensions; dividends; interest; social security payments; and any other money income received by members'
More than 7,500
- Airline travel in the United Kingdom (UK)Airline travel in the United Kingdom (UK)
- Passenger experience at U.S. airports (Statista Survey)Passenger experience at U.S. airports (Statista Survey)
- Worldwide Air Travel Trends and Pricing Report 2016Worldwide Air Travel Trends and Pricing Report 2016
- European AirportsEuropean Airports
- 2017 Airline & Airport IT Trends Insights2017 Airline & Airport IT Trends Insights
- Annual change in business air travel costs worldwide in 2018, by regionAnnual change in business air travel costs worldwide in 2018, by region
- Passengers transported by low-cost airlines companies in leading French airports 2016Passengers transported by low-cost airlines companies in leading French airports 2016
- United Kingdom (UK): overseas trips from leading London airports 2000-2017United Kingdom (UK): overseas trips from leading London airports 2000-2017
- Global air travel movements with the United Kingdom (UK) 2003-2016Global air travel movements with the United Kingdom (UK) 2003-2016
- Americans who travel by air - attitudes towards ULCC 2017Americans who travel by air - attitudes towards ULCC 2017
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
New Topic Page: Trade across the Irish border
With the UK making plans to leave the EU, it is still uncertain about how this will affect trade across the UK's only land border, the Irish border. This topic highlights the importance of cross border trade and discusses how firms across Ireland are anticipating Brexit to impact their businesses.
Global Industry Reports available now!
Statista now offers industry insights from a global perspective for 34 industries. The reports provide crucial information on the trends moving all major industries. Get a bird’s-eye view on your industry, complete with all essential data, KPIs, and exclusive Statista data.
New Smart TV Industry Whitepaper
Statista Research and Analysis, in cooperation with Chinese smart TV manufacturer TCL Multimedia and its subsidiary FFalcon Technology, is going to present a new white paper on the global Smart TV industry on September 15th, 2018 during the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam.
New Dossier: Electric vehicles in Italy
Is Italy speeding up on electric mobility or is the next charging point still too far away? Have a deeper look into the topic with this new dossier. Statista provides an overview on the market situation and customer attitudes around e-mobility in this country so passionate about cars.
New Topic Page: Brexit negotiations
With an October deadline looming and an unpopular proposal in hand, time is running out for Theresa May to secure a deal with the European Union. This topic highlights some the main issues standing in the way of a deal and explores how the British public have reacted to the ongoing political drama.
New Dossier: eSports in the Benelux region
Revenue might still pale in comparison to other sports, but the recent growth of electronic sports, or eSports, has been immense. This dossier analyzes the popularity of video games and digital games in the Netherlands and the attitude shown towards the trend of online gaming.