Topics of the survey
Design of the survey
- Method: Online Survey
- Survey name: Statista Survey Airtravel 2017
- Region: USA
- Number of respondents: 969
- Type of respondents: US-american residential population, who traveled by air in the past five years, 18 years and older
- Survey time period: April 6th - 14th 2017
- Age groups
- Business Air Travel
- Leisure Air Travel
- [business trips] How often do you travel by air?'
- [leisure trips ] How often do you travel by air?'
- [Short-haul flights (up to 1,500 km / flight time: 2 hours): ] How often did you fly the following routes over the past two years? Please make sure to count outbound and inbound flights individually. Simply give your best guess answer in case you are not'
- [Medium-haul flights (up to 3,500 km / flight time: 5 hours): ] How often did you fly the following routes over the past two years? Please make sure to count outbound and inbound flights individually. Simply give your best guess answer in case you are not'
- [Long-haul flights (more than 3,500 km / flight time: more than 5 hours): ] How often did you fly the following routes over the past two years? Please make sure to count outbound and inbound flights individually. Simply give your best guess answer in case'
- Which class do you usually fly?'
- Where do you book flights?'
- Have you ever booked flights from your smartphone/tablet?'
- How many different websites or providers do you usually compare before you book a flight?'
- How do you learn about new booking websites or a new comparison website that you have not used before?'
- Which of the following aspects do you try to obtain information about before you book at a website you are not familiar with?'
- Which of the following metasearch engines to compare fares do you know, even if simply by name?'
- Which of the following metasearch engines to compare fares have you used?'
- Which of the following metasearch engines to compare fares would you generally consider booking at?'
- Do you collect miles with an airline?'
- Do you have a favorite airline that you – if possible – always book with?'
- Which of the following airlines do you know, even if simply by name?'
- Which of the following airlines have you booked with?'
- Which of the following airlines would you generally consider booking with?'
- Do you use the apps from the airlines you book with?'
- Which services offered by airline apps do you use?'
- Which channels do you prefer when contacting your airline?'
- Overall, how satisfied are you with the contact options that airlines offer?Please consider your previous experiences with all airlines.'
- How much did you pay (per person) for your last short-haul flight? Please enter only half of the actual price in case it was a round-trip flight.'
- How much (per person) did you pay for your last long-haul flight? Please enter only half of the actual price in case it was a round-trip flight.'
- Which services are important to you when flying?'
- At many airlines, customers can choose between all-inclusive prices and the option to book individual services to create a custom service package. Which of the following services would you be willing to pay extra for?'
- Airlines are often hit by strikes. Which of the following statements do you agree to?'
- Overall, do you have a positive or a negative image of so called ULCC (Ultra Low Cost Carrier) airlines like Go! or Allegiant, for instance?'
- Which of the following statements about ULCC airlines do you personally agree with?'
- Which of the following means of transportation do you preferably use for leisure short-distance trips?'
- In your view, what are arguments for flying?'
- In your view, what are arguments against flying?'
- Airplanes have the highest emission of pollutants of all means of transportation. In how far does this influence your choice of means of transportation?'
- Do you usually fly from the same airport?
- How often do you fly from the following airports?
- How do you think the following types of vacation have changed in the past 5 years?
- How satisfied are you with the following aspects of the airports you have been to?
- Which destinations do you prefer?
- How well did your find your way through the airports you have been to (e.g. from the gate to the baggage claim area)?'
- What is your gender?'
- Age categories from 18 (10-year steps)'
- Which race/ethnicity best describes you? Please choose only one.'
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?'
- Which of the following categories best describes your employment status?'
- Including yourself, how many people - including children - usually live in your household?'
- In what type of community do you live?'
- In what state or U.S. territory do you live?'
- How much total combined money do all members of your household earn annually? This includes money from jobs; net income from business, farm, or rent; pensions; dividends; interest; social security payments; and any other money income received by members'
- European AirportsEuropean Airports
- Passenger experience at U.S. airports (Statista Survey)Passenger experience at U.S. airports (Statista Survey)
- Airline travel in the United Kingdom (UK)Airline travel in the United Kingdom (UK)
- 2018 Air Transport IT Insights2018 Air Transport IT Insights
- The 2018 Global Traveler Research StudyThe 2018 Global Traveler Research Study
- United Kingdom (UK): overseas air travel to visit to friends and family 2010-2017United Kingdom (UK): overseas air travel to visit to friends and family 2010-2017
- Annual change in business air travel costs worldwide in 2018, by regionAnnual change in business air travel costs worldwide in 2018, by region
- Leading airports for U.S. travelers at Thanksgiving 2018Leading airports for U.S. travelers at Thanksgiving 2018
- Passengers transported by low-cost airlines companies in leading French airports 2016Passengers transported by low-cost airlines companies in leading French airports 2016
- Air travel movements between the United Kingdom (UK) and the Irish Republic 2003-2017Air travel movements between the United Kingdom (UK) and the Irish Republic 2003-2017
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
Updates on eCommerce, Digital Media, eTravel, eServices and more
- Market figures for 2018 to 2023
- Company and startup profiles
- User demographics
U.S. coal production has steadily declined in the past decade, but has been in the news in recent years due to President Trump's desire to revitalize the industry. This document provides an overview of the key figures, leading companies, and the employment trends in the U.S. coal mining industry.
This new export feature offers
- Structured graphical representation of the data
- Tailored target group analysis
- Option for further processing
The Polish e-commerce market is one of the fastest developing e-commerce markets in Europe. The latest data for Poland is presented in this dossier.
Plastic waste is an issue of global concern. Since China banned the import of recycled plastic, the U.S. has had to make adjustments to its management of plastic waste. This dossier provides an overview of plastic waste in the U.S.
This dossier provides an overview of hedge funds worldwide. Global hedge fund assets, performance, investors, and other topics are highlighted.
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America covers amongst others
- Number of billboards
- Outdoor advertising revenue
- Number of out-of-home displays
Find data, perceptions & more about
- Economic consequences
- Impact on the labor market
- A second referendum
Understand the recent developments in the Spanish eCommerce market!
- URL-related revenues
- Relevant online store KPIs
- eCommerce-related contacts
- Extended statistical dossier
- Insights, explanations & interpretations
- Challenges of the digital future
eCommerce is rapidly becoming a part of the Latin American shopping culture. The dossier includes data on
- Regional online shopping events
- Events by country
The outline of potential impacts of Brexit on UK industries has been updated in the UK Industry Reports.
Italian enterprises invest significantly in digital marketing. Find out about
- Relevant aspects & KPIs
- New trends
- Different strategies
Statista European Football Benchmark
- The big 5 European leagues
- All about the clubs & fans
- Sponsors & how they fit in
What are online shoppers' payment preferences around the world?
- Data on all payment methods
- Analysis for 50 countries
- Forecasts up to 2023
The kingdom of Saudi Arabia has faced political challenges.
- Perceptions & trade information
- Conflicts with Yemen, Iran, Qatar & Turkey