Topic of the survey
- Internet Behavior
- Advertising General
- Personalized Advertisment
- Native Ads
- Newsletter Advertisments
- Privacy Behavior
Design of the survey
- Method: Online Survey
- Survey name: Statista Survey Advertising & Privacy 2017
- Region: USA
- Number of respondents: 1037
- Age of respondents: 18 years and older
- Type of respondents: US american residential population
- Survey time period: 18th to 21st of May 2017
- Ad-Blocker Usage
- Online Services Usage
- Newsletter Usage
- How often do you privately use the following devices?
- Which of the following online services do you use?
- How disturbing is advertising to you on the following channels?
- How useful is advertising to you through the following channels?
- How much advertising do you personally take note of online on your desktop PC/laptop?
- How much advertising do you personally take note of online on your tablet?
- How much advertising do you personally take note of online on your smartphone?
- Do you often notice the suggestions of online shops about articles that might be interesting for you?
- How well do the articles proposed by online stores suit your buying interests?
- How often do you buy items that you have seen through the suggestion function of online stores?
- How often do you notice that a certain article you viewed online is constantly suggested in advertisements?
- Is there a platform on which you particularly appreciate personalized offers and recommendations?
- How much do you agree with the following statements?
- Have you ever noticed that you see many offers matching your region?
- In which situations do you find local ads helpful?
- How often do you notice sponsored content?
- Has it ever happened to you that you clicked on an interesting article or post and you then landed on the website of a commercial company?
- Which of these statements do you agree with more?
- How do you handle sponsored content?'
- What does it depend on whether or not you look at the articles?
- Do you believe that the information in such sponsored contributions is objective or influenced by the company?
- How do you rate sponsored content compared to classic advertisements that do not contain information beyond the advertised product?
- Which of these statements do you agree in general?
- How many newsletters do you receive in your private e-mail account?
- Where did you subscribe to newsletters?
- What information do you like to receive in your newsletters?
- In which situations do you usually subscribe to a newsletter?
- If a newsletter is no longer interesting for you: What do you usually do?
- In which cases do you unsubscribe from newsletters?
- Which of the following statements do you agree with?
- Do you feel that your personal data and your online behavior are recorded and used for advertising purposes?
- On a scale of 1 to 10: How much do you worry about the security of your personal data with social media companies like Facebook?
- On a scale of 1 to 10: How much do you worry about the security of your personal data with online services from governmental agencies?
- On a scale of 1 to 10: How much do you worry about the security of your personal data with online shops such as Amazon and bestbuy?
- Do you have more confidence in data security with American companies (such as Amazon and Facebook) than with foreign companies (such as Spotify)?
- What is your reaction when websites alert you to the fact that they save cookies?
- Do you take measures to prevent the recording of your online behavior (such as using an incognito window)?
- Which of these measures do you take with regard to your privacy?
- Do you pay attention to the information used by the apps you use on your smartphone?
- What information do you deny access to your apps?
- Do you usually have GPS activated on your smartphone?
- Are you currently using an ad blocker?
- What types of advertising does your ad blocker prevent?
- Have you whitelisted certain online offers from your ad blocker so you can still see ads there?
- Which of these ad-blocker programs do you know?
- Which of these do you personally use?
- Are you currently paying for your ad blocker program(s)?
- Are you satisfied with the performance of your ad blocker?
- Would you be willing to pay for an ad blocker if it was able to hide all undesired advertisements?
- What do you think is a reasonable price for an ad blocker that meets your needs?
- What is your gender?
- How old are you?
- What is your primary language?
- Which race/ethnicity best describes you?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- What is your current occupational status?
- Which of the following categories best describes your employment status?
- Including yourself, how many people - including children - usually live in your household?
- In what type of community do you live?
- In what state or U.S. territory do you live?
- How much total combined money do all members of your household earn annually?
More than 7,500
- Online privacyOnline privacy
- Advertising in the United Kingdom (UK)Advertising in the United Kingdom (UK)
- Digital advertising in the U.S.Digital advertising in the U.S.
- Advertising in BrazilAdvertising in Brazil
- Programmatic advertisingProgrammatic advertising
- Canadians who think online advertising is an invasion of privacy 2018Canadians who think online advertising is an invasion of privacy 2018
- Content and native advertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2017Content and native advertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2017
- Global concern about local government and online privacy 2018, by countryGlobal concern about local government and online privacy 2018, by country
- Canadian perspectives on rights to online privacy 2018Canadian perspectives on rights to online privacy 2018
- Measures taken to protect online privacy in the Netherlands 2017Measures taken to protect online privacy in the Netherlands 2017
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
New Dossier: Gig economy in the U.S.
The gig economy is a section of the economy which consists of independent contractors and freelancers who perform temporary, flexible jobs. This dossier provides key data on the gig economy in the United States, including information on income and earnings, and access to benefits.
New Dossier: Food trends in the Netherlands
From organic and sustainable food to ‘free from’ products and alternative diets: this new Statista dossier about food trends in the Netherlands covers all you might want to know about what is hot and happening in the Dutch food market.
New Dossier: Direct selling market worldwide
The direct selling market refers to a business model in which products are sold without a 'Brick and Mortar' retail establishment, such as online or person-to-person. This dossier provides key data about this market, with a focus on the United States and the leading companies, such as Amway.
New Dossier: E-commerce in Argentina
Argentina is the second largest e-commerce market in Latin America as of 2017. This dossier provides key information about the different aspects of the e-commerce market in Argentina, including the main retailers, customers, mobile commerce, and more.
New Dossier: Mobile device usage in Belgium
Recent studies showed that Belgium has the highest prices when it comes to mobile data in Europe, with Proximus, Orange and Telenet as the main actors in this market. This dossier provides information on two of these main players and also features data on mobile commerce, video and apps.
New Topic page: Chinese tourism in Europe
China’s travel boom has had a notable impact across the global tourism industry, not least in Europe where China is recognized as a key visitor market. This topic page and accompanying dossier highlights the rising number of Chinese tourists in Europe and the main destinations they are heading to.
New Topic Page: Trade across the Irish border
With the UK making plans to leave the EU, it is still uncertain about how this will affect trade across the UK's only land border, the Irish border. This topic highlights the importance of cross border trade and discusses how firms across Ireland are anticipating Brexit to impact their businesses.
Global Industry Reports available now!
Statista now offers industry insights from a global perspective for 34 industries. The reports provide crucial information on the trends moving all major industries. Get a bird’s-eye view on your industry, complete with all essential data, KPIs, and exclusive Statista data.
New Smart TV Industry Whitepaper
Statista Research and Analysis, in cooperation with Chinese smart TV manufacturer TCL Multimedia and its subsidiary FFalcon Technology, is going to present a new white paper on the global Smart TV industry on September 15th, 2018 during the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam.
New Dossier: Electric vehicles in Italy
Is Italy speeding up on electric mobility or is the next charging point still too far away? Have a deeper look into the topic with this new dossier. Statista provides an overview on the market situation and customer attitudes around e-mobility in this country so passionate about cars.
New Topic Page: Brexit negotiations
With an October deadline looming and an unpopular proposal in hand, time is running out for Theresa May to secure a deal with the European Union. This topic highlights some the main issues standing in the way of a deal and explores how the British public have reacted to the ongoing political drama.
New Dossier: eSports in the Benelux region
Revenue might still pale in comparison to other sports, but the recent growth of electronic sports, or eSports, has been immense. This dossier analyzes the popularity of video games and digital games in the Netherlands and the attitude shown towards the trend of online gaming.
New topic page: Organic cosmetics in the UK
As consumers become aware of the potentially harmful ingredients used in conventional beauty products, many are seeking green alternatives which pose a lesser risk to the skin and the environment. This topic page provides an overview of natural and organic cosmetic sales and UK consumer attitudes.
New Statista Study: European Football Benchmark
Just in time for the start of the new Premier League season, Statista launches the European Football Benchmark: The first football study that compares the 5 big European leagues from a fan's perspective. Find out everything about the Premier League, its clubs, sponsors and fans.
New tutorial video on the Global Consumer Survey
The Statista Global Consumer Survey offers a global perspective on consumption and media usage, covering the offline and online world of the consumer. The new tutorial video shows all functionalities and illustrates how you can use the DIY analysis tool effectively.
Consumer Electronics Report 2018 out now!
Market reports for the Statista Consumer Market Outlook will now be released roughly every other week starting with the Consumer Electronics Report 2018. The market reports include data as well as qualitative insights into market drivers, consumer behaviour, trends, sales channels and key players.