Topic of the survey
- Internet Behavior
- Advertising General
- Personalized Advertisment
- Native Ads
- Newsletter Advertisments
- Privacy Behavior
Design of the survey
- Method: Online Survey
- Survey name: Statista Survey Advertising & Privacy 2017
- Region: USA
- Number of respondents: 1037
- Age of respondents: 18 years and older
- Type of respondents: US american residential population
- Survey time period: 18th to 21st of May 2017
- Ad-Blocker Usage
- Online Services Usage
- Newsletter Usage
- How often do you privately use the following devices?
- Which of the following online services do you use?
- How disturbing is advertising to you on the following channels?
- How useful is advertising to you through the following channels?
- How much advertising do you personally take note of online on your desktop PC/laptop?
- How much advertising do you personally take note of online on your tablet?
- How much advertising do you personally take note of online on your smartphone?
- Do you often notice the suggestions of online shops about articles that might be interesting for you?
- How well do the articles proposed by online stores suit your buying interests?
- How often do you buy items that you have seen through the suggestion function of online stores?
- How often do you notice that a certain article you viewed online is constantly suggested in advertisements?
- Is there a platform on which you particularly appreciate personalized offers and recommendations?
- How much do you agree with the following statements?
- Have you ever noticed that you see many offers matching your region?
- In which situations do you find local ads helpful?
- How often do you notice sponsored content?
- Has it ever happened to you that you clicked on an interesting article or post and you then landed on the website of a commercial company?
- Which of these statements do you agree with more?
- How do you handle sponsored content?'
- What does it depend on whether or not you look at the articles?
- Do you believe that the information in such sponsored contributions is objective or influenced by the company?
- How do you rate sponsored content compared to classic advertisements that do not contain information beyond the advertised product?
- Which of these statements do you agree in general?
- How many newsletters do you receive in your private e-mail account?
- Where did you subscribe to newsletters?
- What information do you like to receive in your newsletters?
- In which situations do you usually subscribe to a newsletter?
- If a newsletter is no longer interesting for you: What do you usually do?
- In which cases do you unsubscribe from newsletters?
- Which of the following statements do you agree with?
- Do you feel that your personal data and your online behavior are recorded and used for advertising purposes?
- On a scale of 1 to 10: How much do you worry about the security of your personal data with social media companies like Facebook?
- On a scale of 1 to 10: How much do you worry about the security of your personal data with online services from governmental agencies?
- On a scale of 1 to 10: How much do you worry about the security of your personal data with online shops such as Amazon and bestbuy?
- Do you have more confidence in data security with American companies (such as Amazon and Facebook) than with foreign companies (such as Spotify)?
- What is your reaction when websites alert you to the fact that they save cookies?
- Do you take measures to prevent the recording of your online behavior (such as using an incognito window)?
- Which of these measures do you take with regard to your privacy?
- Do you pay attention to the information used by the apps you use on your smartphone?
- What information do you deny access to your apps?
- Do you usually have GPS activated on your smartphone?
- Are you currently using an ad blocker?
- What types of advertising does your ad blocker prevent?
- Have you whitelisted certain online offers from your ad blocker so you can still see ads there?
- Which of these ad-blocker programs do you know?
- Which of these do you personally use?
- Are you currently paying for your ad blocker program(s)?
- Are you satisfied with the performance of your ad blocker?
- Would you be willing to pay for an ad blocker if it was able to hide all undesired advertisements?
- What do you think is a reasonable price for an ad blocker that meets your needs?
- What is your gender?
- How old are you?
- What is your primary language?
- Which race/ethnicity best describes you?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- What is your current occupational status?
- Which of the following categories best describes your employment status?
- Including yourself, how many people - including children - usually live in your household?
- In what type of community do you live?
- In what state or U.S. territory do you live?
- How much total combined money do all members of your household earn annually?
- Online privacyOnline privacy
- Advertising market in the U.S.Advertising market in the U.S.
- Advertising worldwideAdvertising worldwide
- Advertising in EuropeAdvertising in Europe
- Advertising in the United Kingdom (UK)Advertising in the United Kingdom (UK)
- Canadians who think online advertising is an invasion of privacy 2018Canadians who think online advertising is an invasion of privacy 2018
- Share of apps with data privacy policies in China 2018, by policy typeShare of apps with data privacy policies in China 2018, by policy type
- Content and native advertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2017Content and native advertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2017
- Global concern about local government and online privacy 2018, by countryGlobal concern about local government and online privacy 2018, by country
- Canadian perspectives on rights to online privacy 2018Canadian perspectives on rights to online privacy 2018
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
The Italian pharmaceutical market is among the fastest growing ones worldwide. This dossier provides data on the trends of the market, with special focus on pharmacies and pharmaceutical segmenents.
The global plastics industry is growing by approximately three percent every year. This dossier provides information about the global plastics industry in general as well as chapters on the major types of plastic, and recycling rates.
Updates on eCommerce, Digital Media, eTravel, eServices and more
- Market figures for 2018 to 2023
- Company and startup profiles
- User demographics
U.S. coal production has steadily declined in the past decade, but has been in the news in recent years due to President Trump's desire to revitalize the industry. This document provides an overview of the key figures, leading companies, and the employment trends in the U.S. coal mining industry.
This new export feature offers
- Structured graphical representation of the data
- Tailored target group analysis
- Option for further processing
The Polish e-commerce market is one of the fastest developing e-commerce markets in Europe. The latest data for Poland is presented in this dossier.
Plastic waste is an issue of global concern. Since China banned the import of recycled plastic, the U.S. has had to make adjustments to its management of plastic waste. This dossier provides an overview of plastic waste in the U.S.
This dossier provides an overview of hedge funds worldwide. Global hedge fund assets, performance, investors, and other topics are highlighted.
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America covers amongst others
- Number of billboards
- Outdoor advertising revenue
- Number of out-of-home displays
Find data, perceptions & more about
- Economic consequences
- Impact on the labor market
- A second referendum
Understand the recent developments in the Spanish eCommerce market!
- URL-related revenues
- Relevant online store KPIs
- eCommerce-related contacts
- Extended statistical dossier
- Insights, explanations & interpretations
- Challenges of the digital future
eCommerce is rapidly becoming a part of the Latin American shopping culture. The dossier includes data on
- Regional online shopping events
- Events by country
The outline of potential impacts of Brexit on UK industries has been updated in the UK Industry Reports.
Italian enterprises invest significantly in digital marketing. Find out about
- Relevant aspects & KPIs
- New trends
- Different strategies
Statista European Football Benchmark
- The big 5 European leagues
- All about the clubs & fans
- Sponsors & how they fit in