U.S. Baby Product Industry/Market - Statistics & Facts | Statista
Statistics and facts on the baby care market in the U.S.
The baby care market is composed of different segments and products, such as toys, feeding accessories, wipes, disposable diapers, body care products and soothers, to name a few. The window for the purchase of baby care products and accessories is rather small, while consumers look for quality for their children. Despite the peculiarities of this industry, the global baby care market is expected to increase its total sales value in the coming years.
Procter & Gamble (P&G), Kimberly-Clark and Johnson & Johnson are the leading companies in the global baby care market. P&G’s market share of disposable baby diapers, baby wipes and training pants worldwide stood at about 43 percent in 2015, with the company projected to maintain a similar market share up until 2020. Kimberly-Clark’s market share is also forecast to remain constant in the coming years at about 19 percent. In contrast, Johnson & Johnson is expected to see its market share drop, going from an estimate of 22 percent in 2016 to around 18 percent by 2021.
In the U.S., private labels are leaders in baby wipes sales, accounting for 38 percent of all sales in the country. Kimberly-Clark’s Huggies Natural Care is the second largest baby wipe brand in the U.S., whereas P&G’s brand, Pampers Sensitive, is the third most popular brand of baby wipes among American consumers with a 13 percent share. In the baby care and safety accessories segment in the U.S., Munchkin, Dorel Juvenile Group, Summer Infant and Edgewell Personal Care are the top vendors. Headquartered in California, Munchkin held 14.6 percent of the market share in 2015, amounting more than 46 million U.S. dollars in sales revenue.
In terms of particular products, Johnson's is the preferred brand for baby oil and baby lotion in about 10 percent of American households, the largest share amongst all brands. Johnson is also a leader in the baby/children’s shampoo market, as about 10.5 percent of the households in the U.S. stated using Johnson’s Baby Shampoo, and the most popular baby powder brand in the U.S. with nearly 20 percent of the market share.
Photo: sxc.hu / yenhoon
|Baby Care Market Overview||Values||Statistic|
|Baby care market size worldwide||$47.7bn||Details →|
|Supermarket sales of baby bath products||$30.6m||Details →|
|Sales of Munchkin||$46.4m||Details →|
|Average price per private label disposable diapers in retail stores||$10.31||Details →|
|Key Players in the Disposable Baby Product Segment||Values||Statistic|
|Global sales of Procter & Gamble baby care and family care segment||$18.51bn||Details →|
|Kimberly-Clark diaper sales worldwide||$6.6bn||Details →|
|Brand value of Pampers worldwide||$18,299m||Details →|
- Baby care: historic and projected market size worldwide 2011-2017Baby care: historic and projected market size worldwide 2011-2017
Baby care market size worldwide in 2011, 2012, and 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- P&G: baby, feminine and family care sales worldwide 2011-2016P&G: baby, feminine and family care sales worldwide 2011-2016
Global sales of Procter & Gamble's baby, feminine and family care segment from 2011 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Most used brands of baby oil and baby lotion in the U.S. 2016+Most used brands of baby oil and baby lotion in the U.S. 2016
U.S. population: Which brands of baby oil and baby lotion do you use most often?
- U.S. dollar sales share of private label baby care 2015, by segment +U.S. dollar sales share of private label baby care 2015, by segment
Dollar sales share of the private label baby care category in U.S. retail stores in 2015, by segment
- Revenue of Johnson & Johnson's consumer healthcare segment by franchise 2014-2016Revenue of Johnson & Johnson's consumer healthcare segment by franchise 2014-2016
- Weekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by ageWeekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by age
- Most watched TV networks in the U.S. 2016Most watched TV networks in the U.S. 2016
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of Japan 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) of Japan 2020
- Total population in Japan 2020Total population in Japan 2020