LinkedIn - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a social networking site for professionals. With over 380 million members worldwide, it is one of the most popular social networks in terms of active users. Available in over 24 languages in more than 200 countries, the website focuses on business connections and industry contacts for employers and working professionals, allowing companies to present themselves through online pages and for users to find job listings and to enhance their connectedness in their area of expertise.
LinkedIn generates revenue from three different sources: hiring solutions are the largest contributor to the company’s revenue, followed by advertising and premium subscriptions. LinkedIn’s annual revenue in 2014 amounted to almost 2.2 billion U.S. dollars with the majority of revenues being generated through field sales.
Members can utilize the network to research people and companies, to connect with past business associates and colleagues as well as to build new relationships with influencers. In contrast to many other social networks, LinkedIn enables users to see who recently viewed their profile – a feature that most internet users find very helpful in fostering networking contacts.
LinkedIn is a popular tool for online recruiting with a near-universal usage amongst social recruiting channels. According to industry statistics, LinkedIn has the highest utilization rate in successfully placing a candidate. LinkedIn filed for an initial public offering in January 2011 and made its debut on the stock market four months later on May 19.
|Annual revenue of LinkedIn||$2,991m||Details →|
|LinkedIn's net revenue||$933m||Details →|
|Number of LinkedIn members||450m||Details →|
|Unique visiting members to LinkedIn (per quarter)||106m||Details →|
- Share of U.S. internet users who use LinkedIn 2015, by age group+Share of U.S. internet users who use LinkedIn 2015, by age group
Percentage of U.S. internet users who use LinkedIn as of April 2015, by age group
- Weekly LinkedIn usage of registered users 2016Weekly LinkedIn usage of registered users 2016
Weekly LinkedIn usage of registered users as of March 2016 (in hours)
- LinkedIn's users by country 2016+LinkedIn's users by country 2016
LinkedIn: registered members worldwide as of 1st quarter 2016, by country (in millions)
- LinkedIn: quarterly net revenue 2009-2016+LinkedIn: quarterly net revenue 2009-2016
LinkedIn's net revenue from 1st quarter 2009 to 2nd quarter 2016 (in million U.S. dollars)
- LinkedIn news consumers in in the U.S. in 2016, by age+LinkedIn news consumers in in the U.S. in 2016, by age
Distribution of LinkedIn news consumers in the United States as of February 2016, by age
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Global number of internet users 2005-2016Global number of internet users 2005-2016