Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Sales of the leading 10 margarine/spreads/butter blends brands of the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
|Sales in million U.S. dollars|
|Shedd's Country Crock||390.4|
|I Can't Believe It's Not Butter||262.8|
|I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light||72.3|
|Brummel & Brown||44.4|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph shows the sales of the leading 10 margarine/spreads/butter blends brands of the United States in 2013. Blue Bonnet was the third ranked margarine/spread/butter blend brand of the United States with about 190.6 million U.S. dollars worth of sales in 2013.
Margarine, spreads and butter blends
Margarine, spreads and butter blends are varieties of spreadable fats which are manufactured industrially. As a substitute for butter they are designed to be spread on bread, to be part of sandwich toppings or to be the main bread topping itself. Margarine has a creamy texture and the essential composition contains saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, water and skimmed milk. The fat content lies between 80 and 90 percent. The yellowish color usually stems from the adding of beta-carotin.
Compared to butter, margarine has a longer shelf life and is cheaper than its original counterpart. The nutritional value has been discussed controversially for decades. Many proponents see margarine as healthy alternative to butter due to an allegedly better fatty acid composition. However, the latest research does not confirm the assumptions to any degree of absolute certainty.
The market for margarine, spreads and butter blends in the United States is characterized by brands such as 'Shedd’s Country Crock’, ‘I can’t believe it’s not butter’ or ‘Blue Bonnet’. ‘Shedd’s Country Crock’ was the best selling brand in the margarine/spreads/butter blend category with sales amounting to 390.4 million U.S. dollars in 2013. The category leading brand is owned by Unilever Bestfoods North America, a subsidiary organization of the British/Dutch-based company Unilever. Unilever Bestfoods North America was the undisputable category captain of margarine/spreads/butter blends products in 2013. The FMCG manufacturer generated sales of roughly 920 million U.S. dollars that year.
On the demand side, about 1.1 billion pounds of margarine were consumed in the United States in 2010. In comparison, the per capita consumption of margarine amounted to roughly 3.5 pounds in that year.
- Leading vendors of margarine/spreads and butter blends in the U.S. 2013Leading vendors of margarine/spreads and butter blends in the U.S. 2013
- Global soju market: leading brands based on sales volume 2013Global soju market: leading brands based on sales volume 2013
- Leading global candy brands based on sales 2011-2012Leading global candy brands based on sales 2011-2012
- Leading U.S. candy brands based on sales 2011-2012Leading U.S. candy brands based on sales 2011-2012
- Global leading energy brands based on sales 2013Global leading energy brands based on sales 2013
- Value of soap and cleaning products exports from the U.S. 2010-2013, by countryValue of soap and cleaning products exports from the U.S. 2010-2013, by country
- U.S. household food expenditure on average 2000-2013U.S. household food expenditure on average 2000-2013
- Market share of milk sales in Great Britain 2012-2014Market share of milk sales in Great Britain 2012-2014
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Percentage of U.S. cigarette smokers 2000-2012Percentage of U.S. cigarette smokers 2000-2012
- Leading refrigerated breakfast meat brands sales of the U.S. 2012Leading refrigerated breakfast meat brands sales of the U.S. 2012