This chart illustrates how much time an average American spends with electronic media every day. According to Nielsen's Cross-Platform Report, Americans aged 18 and older spend almost 11 hours per day watching TV, listening to the radio or using smartphones and other electronic devices.
This chart compares conversion rates of online shoppers across different devices.
This chart shows the highest paying companies for interns in the United States in 2014.
This chart shows startups valued at $1 billion or more by venture-capital firms
This chart illustrates which countries have contributed most to Kickstarter reaching $1 billion in pledges by early March 2014. Backers from the United States contributed $663 million since Kickstarter's inception in 1999.
This chart shows a forecast of 2014 smartphone market share.
This chart shows worldwide tablet sales in 2012 and 2013, broken down by operating system.
This chart shows the estimated military strength of Russia and Ukraine in 2014.
This chart shows how tablets shipments are expected to overtake PC shipments for the first time in 2015.
This chart illustrates that Twitter's user growth is decelerating rather quickly.
This chart shows nominations and wins by individuals at the Academy Awards.
This chart shows which technologies Americans wouldn't want to give up. A couple of years ago, television and landline telephones topped that list. Now it's internet and cellphones that Americans find the most essential.
This chart shows how much an average user uses WhatsApp per month.
This chart shows the U.S. states with the most millionaires.
This chart compares how highly users of different social networks / messaging services are valued.
This chart compares Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp with other high-profile tech takeovers.
This chart shows bonuses per gold medal at the Winter Olympics in Sochi (in U.S. dollars).
This chart illustrates WhatsApp's impressive user growth. The messaging app reached 430 million active users in January 2014, up from just 200 million less than a year ago.
This chart shows the initial goal, total raised and number of backers in the most successful Kickstarter campaigns.
This infographic show key facts and statistics on energy drinks in the United States. Sales, distribution channel and other interesting data.
Yes, please send me a daily reminder for the 'Chart of the Day'
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter