The Statistics Portal
Statista aggregates the most important statistics and studies from market researchers, organizations, specialist publications, as well as from government sources: the ideal platform to kick-start your research.
getting your facts straight
You’ll find over 1 million statistics from over 600 areas on our portal: market data, consumer data, revenue figures and trends. Our customized search enables you to find what you’re looking for in a quick and easy way.
broadening your horizons
Our database contains the most relevant statistics taken from our sources around the world – with extra focus placed on the US, UK and Chinese markets.
expertise on 40 pages
If you find yourself curious to learn more about an industry but simply lack the time to research, our industry reports can help you out. In 40 pages you’ll gain a complete and comprehensive insight into the latest key figures, developments, trends and forecasts relating to the industry of your choice.
always looking for facts
Our data serves and supports a diverse spectrum of clients from media houses and consulting agencies to universities and industrial enterprises – a diversity reflected in the range of our statistics.
Statista is the world’s largest statistics portal. Providing
you with access to relevant data from over 18,000 sources,
our focus is firmly based on professional, clear, quick and
consistent results. Our customized search query form provides
you with a list of statistics, studies and reports relating
to your search request within a matter of seconds –
kick-starting your research.
We provide our individual clients with access to quantitative
data from over 600 industries for $49 per month.
With unlimited download options, unrestricted database access,
as well as automatic source referencing and various formatting
possibilities, we equip our clients with the tools they need
to vastly expand and enhance their research capabilities.
From specialized enterprises to global players: 10,000 businesses worldwide draw on our data to inform and assist in their decision-making. From product development and market assessment to competitor valuation, over one million statistics, 10,000 studies and 1,000 dossiers provide our corporate clients with analytically sound business solutions.
Our infographics transform complex topics into clear,
conceptual and visually striking designs. They serve as
informative and eye-catching additions to any website,
newsletter or in social media activities.
Learn more about our infographics service →
We pride ourselves in being the world’s first and only company to
bring together data from over 18,000 sources.
Our research analysts source the most up-to-date statistical data from around the globe; our analytical approach and efficient research processes enable us to supply our clients with the data that is relevant to them.
- Popular Statistics
- Recent Statistics
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales Q3 2007-Q2 2014
- Number of World of Warcraft subscribers from 1st quarter 2005 to 1st quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of World of Warcraft subscribers from 2005 to 2014, by quarter
- Music album sales in the United States in 2012, by genre* (in millions)
Album sales in the United States in 2012, by genre
- Total population in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
Total population of the United States 2014
- Number of smartphone users in the U.S. from 2010 to 2018 (in millions)
Forecast: number of smartphone users in the U.S. 2010-2018
- Countries with the largest number of prisoners per 100,000 of the national population, as of 2013
Countries with the most prisoners per 100,000 inhabitants, as of 2013
- China: Total population from 2009 to 2019 (in millions)
Total population of China 2009-2019
- Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014, by share of available apps
Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014
- Japan: Total population from 2003 to 2014 (in millions)
Total population in Japan 2014
- Sales of the leading imported beer brands of the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
U.S. beer market: leading imported beer brands 2013, based on sales
- Attitudes towards new technologies according to internet users in Japan in 2013
Japan: online user attitudes towards new technologies 2013
- Advertising spending of ten largest radio advertising industries in the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Leading radio advertising industries in the U.S. 2013
- Advertising spending of ten largest radio advertising brands in the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Leading radio advertising brands in the U.S. in 2013
- Weekly box office revenue of the top 10 movies in China, June 30 to July 6, 2014 (in million U.S. dollar)
China: weekly box office revenue - June 30-July 6, 2014
- Global advertising spending from 2011 to 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Advertising spending worldwide 2011-2018
- Most-tweeted moments during the FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil v. Germany semi-final on July 8, 2014, ranked by number of tweets per minute
World Cup 2014: most-tweeted BRA - GER football moments
- U.S. residential sector energy consumption from coal, natural gas, and petroleum from 1975 to 2013 (in trillion British thermal units)
U.S. residential sector energy consumption - fossil fuels 1975-2013
- Number of movies released in the United States and Canada from 1980 to 2014 (as of July 7, 2014)
Movie releases in North America 1980-2014
- Generation of solar thermal/PV power in the U.S. from 2005 to 2012 (in million kilowatt hours)
U.S. renewable electricity generation - solar sources
- Biomass energy consumption in the U.S. residential sector from 2006 to 2013 (in trillion Btu)
Renewable energy consumption in the U.S. residential sector - biomass
Each one of our research analysts works exclusively within their respective field of expertise and collaborates with industry leaders to ensure that reliability and accuracy is maintained across the board.
We keep our finger placed firmly on the pulse and closely monitor trends and progressions in all aspects of our business. Our database evolves and progresses in step with the newest trends as they occur, meaning that we are always up-to-date.
All of our data and statistics are exportable as JPEG, PDF and XLS-format files. We deliver readily prepared PowerPoint presentations and Excel tables, allowing you to get straight down to the business of data analysis, saving you the preparation time.
From Apple and e-commerce to social networking in China – our dossiers give our clients an insight into a diverse range of subjects and topic areas. Our dossiers are a compilation of the data most necessary for getting to grips with a topic or subject area, enabling our customers to get a solid foothold in matters that may be completely new to them.
Wondering how we manage to keep all of our data in check? Aside from the meticulous indexing of our data, we also assign each statistic to categories and topics. This means that whenever you need to look for something, you can filter through our content in order to find exactly what you’re looking for in the fastest and most efficient way. Browse our topics →
- Popular Industries
- Travel, Tourism & Hospitality
- Consumer goods & FMCG
- Technology & Telecommunication
- Sports & Recreation
- Retail & Trade
We know what makes people tick. We are adept in recognizing new trends and well-versed in spotting the driving forces behind the shifts and changes occurring around us all the time and have always got an eye on the topics that are becoming increasingly relevant. Our research ingenuity, extensive expertise and structured analytical approach can help supply you with the changes required for the development of your business – as they occur.
Find the most relevant facts on Travel, Tourism & Hospitality, including market data, statistics and market studies.
Find the most relevant facts on Consumer Goods & FMCG, including market data, statistics and market studies.
- Cosmetics Industry statistics
- Organic Food Industry statistics
Organic Food Industry
- Global Luxury Goods Industry statistics
Global Luxury Goods Industry
- Baby Food Market statistics
Baby Food Market
- Coffee Market statistics
- Baby Care Market statistics
Baby Care Market
- Coca Cola Company statistics
Coca Cola Company
- Tea Market statistics
One of the most marked developments in the field of telecommunications and technology in the last few decades has been enabling people to get in touch with one another quickly, through numerous means, while on the go. Communications and its ever-strengthening connection to mobility has become the most significant telecommunications development of recent years; allowing people to juggle daily schedules, home life and work.
Find the most relevant facts on Sporting Goods & Recreation, including market data, statistics and market studies.
- Casinos statistics
- Toy Industry statistics
- Recreational Boating statistics
- Health & Fitness Clubs statistics
Health & Fitness Clubs
- Sporting Goods statistics
- NFL statistics
National Football League
- NBA statistics
National Basketball Association
- MLB statistics
Major League Baseball
Find the most relevant facts on Retail & Trade, including market data, statistics and market studies.
- U.S. Furniture Retail statistics
U.S. Furniture Retail
- Nike statistics
- Adidas statistics
- Luggage Market Worldwide statistics
Luggage Market Worldwide
- Puma statistics
- Drug Store/Pharmacy Market in the U.S. statistics
Drug Store/Pharmacy Market in the U.S.
- Eyewear in the U.S. statistics
Eyewear in the U.S.
- Apparel Market in the U.S. statistics
Apparel Market in the U.S.
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
- Dr. Antonella Mei-Pochtler, Senior Vice President, Boston Consulting Group
Statista has been my savior on several occasions. The site is easy to maneuver and the data is in a format that can go right into a report or presentation.
- Marlene Greenfield, Vice President, Hearst Magazines
Sign up now and take advantage of exclusive benefits.