Facebook's Reach Among Young Adults Is Still Unmatched
Harvard’s Institute of Politics conducted a national poll among more than 3,000 18- to 29-year-olds, covering topics that range from political views to the use of social media. Our chart shows the percentage of respondents who have an account on a number of social platforms. The chart makes very clear that, despite claims that Facebook is losing its appeal with the youth, it is still the most-used social platform among young adults by a wide margin.
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 1st quarter 2015 (in millions)
Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2015
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in February 2015 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook 2015
- Facebook's annual revenue from 2009 to 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Facebook's annual revenue from 2009-2014
- Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012
- Election candidate best suited to run country - young adults in Great Britain 2015Election candidate best suited to run country - young adults in Great Britain 2015
- Smart cities total installed base of connected things 2015-2017Smart cities total installed base of connected things 2015-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens