Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
U.S. motorcycle registrations in 2012, by state (in 1,000 units)*
|State||Registrations in thousand units|
|District of Columbia||4,143.65|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the number of private and commercial motorcycles registered in U.S. states and the District of Columbia in 2012. In that year, there were about 30,700 registered motorcycles in Delaware.
U.S. motorcycle registrations by state
In 2012, California reported the highest amount of registered private and commercial motorcycles in the country, followed by Florida, Texas and Pennsylvania (all of them with over 400,000 registrations that year). Not only is California the U.S. state with the highest number of motorcycles, but it is also the most populous state in the U.S. overall, representing close to 12 percent of the country’s total population. At the bottom of the ranking are Mississippi and the District of Colombia with less than 30,000 registrations, as well as less populous states, including Wyoming, Vermont, and Delaware. Here, some 30,700 motorcycles were registered in 2012. A little under 460,000 motorcycles were sold to customers in the United States in 2012, some 318,000 of which were on-highway motorcycles. The U.S. motorcycle manufacturing market is expected to grow to around 4.8 billion U.S. dollars by 2015. Harley-Davidson is the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the United States.
Despite the efforts made by each state to provide accurate vehicle (in this case, motorcycle) registration data, occurrences that would lead to a duplication –re-registration stands as one of the main reasons for this– of registrations are stated to be inevitable. The information is forwarded to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), who compiles it into an annual series of statistics relevant to the study of highway systems throughout the country.
- U.S. sales of motorcycles until 2010U.S. sales of motorcycles until 2010
- Leading states based on motorcycle registrations - U.S. 2012Leading states based on motorcycle registrations - U.S. 2012
- Motorcycle sales in China by month August 2014Motorcycle sales in China by month August 2014
- Motorcycle MOT: reasons for failure in Great Britain (UK) 2007-2013Motorcycle MOT: reasons for failure in Great Britain (UK) 2007-2013
- Average size of motorcycles engines in Great Britain (UK) 1994-2013Average size of motorcycles engines in Great Britain (UK) 1994-2013
- Motorcyclists in accidents failing breath tests in Great Britain (UK) 2013, by ageMotorcyclists in accidents failing breath tests in Great Britain (UK) 2013, by age
- Motorcyclists involved in road accidents in Great Britain (UK) 2003-2013Motorcyclists involved in road accidents in Great Britain (UK) 2003-2013
- Motorcycle riders failing breath tests in Great Britain (UK) 2003-2013Motorcycle riders failing breath tests in Great Britain (UK) 2003-2013
- Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013
- U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013