Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
U.S. motorcycle registrations in 2012, by state (in 1,000 units)*
|State||Registrations in thousand units|
|District of Columbia||4,143.65|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the number of private and commercial motorcycles registered in U.S. states and the District of Columbia in 2012. In that year, there were about 30,700 registered motorcycles in Delaware.
U.S. motorcycle registrations by state
In 2012, California reported the highest amount of registered private and commercial motorcycles in the country, followed by Florida, Texas and Pennsylvania (all of them with over 400,000 registrations that year). Not only is California the U.S. state with the highest number of motorcycles, but it is also the most populous state in the U.S. overall, representing close to 12 percent of the country’s total population. At the bottom of the ranking are Mississippi and the District of Colombia with less than 30,000 registrations, as well as less populous states, including Wyoming, Vermont, and Delaware. Here, some 30,700 motorcycles were registered in 2012. A little under 460,000 motorcycles were sold to customers in the United States in 2012, some 318,000 of which were on-highway motorcycles. The U.S. motorcycle manufacturing market is expected to grow to around 4.8 billion U.S. dollars by 2015. Harley-Davidson is the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the United States.
Despite the efforts made by each state to provide accurate vehicle (in this case, motorcycle) registration data, occurrences that would lead to a duplication –re-registration stands as one of the main reasons for this– of registrations are stated to be inevitable. The information is forwarded to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), who compiles it into an annual series of statistics relevant to the study of highway systems throughout the country.
- Motorcycle sales in China by month November 2014+Motorcycle sales in China by month November 2014
Motorcycle sales in China from November 2013 to November 2014 (in million units)
- Leading states based on motorcycle registrations - U.S. 2012Leading states based on motorcycle registrations - U.S. 2012
Leading states based on motorcycle registrations in the U.S. in 2012 (in 1,000s)*
- Motorcycle MOT: reasons for failure in Great Britain (UK) 2007-2014+Motorcycle MOT: reasons for failure in Great Britain (UK) 2007-2014
Reasons for motorcycles failing their MOT tests in Great Britain between 2007/2008 and 2013/2014
- Average size of motorcycles engines in Great Britain (UK) 1994-2013+Average size of motorcycles engines in Great Britain (UK) 1994-2013
Motorcycle engine size average capacity in Great Britain between 1994 and 2013 (in cubic centimetres)
- Number of motorcycles by engine size in Great Britain (UK) 2013+Number of motorcycles by engine size in Great Britain (UK) 2013
Licensed motorcycle numbers in Great Britain (UK) in 2013, by engine size (in 1,000 units)
- Sales value of windscreen clearing equipment in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013Sales value of windscreen clearing equipment in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013
- Sales value of vehicle clearing equipment in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013Sales value of vehicle clearing equipment in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013
- Sales volume of windscreen wipers in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013Sales volume of windscreen wipers in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013
- Sales of commercial vehicles in China November 2014, by modelSales of commercial vehicles in China November 2014, by model
- Passenger car sales in China by model as of November 2014Passenger car sales in China by model as of November 2014