Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Leading mouthwash and dental rinse vendors in the United States in 2013, based on sales (in million U.S. dollars)
|Million U.S. dollars|
|Johnson & Johnson||586|
|Procter & Gamble||317.5|
|California Breath Clinics||10.6|
|Tom's Of Maine||4.2|
|Dr G H Tichenor Antiseptic||3.6|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the leading moutwash and dental rinse vendors in the United States in 2013, based on sales. In that year, Johnson & Johnson was the leading U.S. mouthwash and dental rinse vendor with sales of 586 million U.S. dollars. Total sales of U.S. mouthwash and dental rinse vendors amounted to about 1.35 billion U.S. dollars in 2013.
Mouthwash and dental health care in the United States
A chemotherapeutic agent used to enhance oral hygiene, mouthwash and dental rinses kill bacterial plaque that causes cavities, gingivitis, bad breath and tooth decay.
Dental health care has risen in importance in consumers' daily routines. That said, with the aging consumer population, care for gums and teeth is becoming all the more critical. With the recent recession, the private label industry saw a significant increase in consumers switching from national brands to private label products to save money. In 2013, private label vendors were the third leading mouthwash vendors in the United States, generating nearly 200 million U.S. dollars in sales.
The national brand companies are creating "umbrella brands" under which they're grouping products such as Crest's Pro Health line up of floss, toothpaste, mouthwash and whitening strips. Retailers and private label companies need to respond to this initiative by developing and launching their own "umbrella brands" and oral care systems. Given the importance of good oral health, it is critical for retailers to offer consumers the highest quality products possible. Beyond product quality it is also important for retailers to partner with manufacturers who provide excellent customer service, offer new and innovative products and assist in maximizing their oral care planogram sales and profitability through product mix, pricing, product placement and promotional programs.
- Percentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by vendorPercentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by vendor
- Percentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by brandPercentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by brand
- Sales of the leading mouthwash/dental rinse brands in the U.S. 2013Sales of the leading mouthwash/dental rinse brands in the U.S. 2013
- Sales growth of the leading mouthwash/dental rinse vendors in the U.S. 2013Sales growth of the leading mouthwash/dental rinse vendors in the U.S. 2013
- Usage of mouthwash and dental rinse in the U.S. 2014Usage of mouthwash and dental rinse in the U.S. 2014
- Vineyard areas in the EU and worldwide 2008-2013Vineyard areas in the EU and worldwide 2008-2013
- Global leading countries in wine export 2009-2013Global leading countries in wine export 2009-2013
- Global wine exporting countries: change in wine exports 1990-2013Global wine exporting countries: change in wine exports 1990-2013
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013