Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Market share of the Coca-Cola Company and other soft drink companies worldwide in 2011, based on sales value
|Global market share|
|The Coca-Cola Co.||25.9%|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the global market share of the Coca-Cola Company and other soft drink companies in 2011, based on sales value. In 2011, the Coca-Cola Company held a global market share of 25.9 percent. The Coca-Cola Company is a producer, retailer and marketer of non-alcoholic beverages and is well-known for the soft drink Coca-Cola. The company was founded in 1892 and is currently headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States.
Soft drinks belong to the non-alcoholic beverage industry. Depending on the region, they are also known as soda, pop, or carbonated beverages, and cover drinks containing water, sugar or a type of artificial sweetener, and a flavoring agent. These fizzy drinks are mostly available in regular and diet varieties.
Multinational companies competing in the soft drink market are comprised of The Coca-Cola Company, Pepsi-Co. Inc. and Dr Pepper Snapple, to name a few. In the beverage segment, The Coca-Cola Company and PepsiCo have been bitter rivals for ages. PepsiCo always has to face the so-called ’Pepsi challenge’ as competing with Coca-Cola. The ‘Pepsi challenge’ originally took place as a taste test. Consumers were invited to try beverages out of two blank cups – one containing Pepsi Cola and one containing Coca-Cola. Consumers were then asked to evaluate the taste of these two beverages and to decide which one they would prefer. The blind tests let most Americans surprisingly learn that they would prefer Pepsi Cola over Coca-Cola, based on exclusive taste.
PepsiCo, Inc. is based in Purchase, NY, United States and was founded in 1965. Their beverage product portfolio comprises soft drinks, bottled water, fruit juices, iced tea and ready-to-drink coffee beverages. Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, and Aquafina are some of their best-selling global brands.
- Forecast of Nike's global market share in athletic footwear 2011-2020Forecast of Nike's global market share in athletic footwear 2011-2020
- Athletic apparel vendors ranked by global market share of apparel revenue 2011Athletic apparel vendors ranked by global market share of apparel revenue 2011
- Athletic footwear vendors ranked by global market share in athletic footwear sales 2011Athletic footwear vendors ranked by global market share in athletic footwear sales 2011
- Market share of leading soft drink companies in the U.S. 2004-2013Market share of leading soft drink companies in the U.S. 2004-2013
- Tequila's market share worldwide by country 2012Tequila's market share worldwide by country 2012
- U.S. cream cheese market share of Philadelphia compared to private label brands 2014U.S. cream cheese market share of Philadelphia compared to private label brands 2014
- Global top 20 dairy corporations based on market share 2014Global top 20 dairy corporations based on market share 2014
- Honest Tea: ad spend in the U.S. 2010-2012Honest Tea: ad spend in the U.S. 2010-2012
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013