41 Million Americans Are Digital Natives
In the past decade, the internet has changed the world we're living in. And while some may have problems adopting to the new realities, others grew up with them. The latter group is often referred to as digital natives and this chart shows where most of them live.
- TeenagersThe Digital Life of American Teens
They text, they tweet, they share whatever they do online. No generation before them has grown up as connected as today's teenagers. Here's a breakdown of what American teens do in the digital world.
- Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide as of May 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide in 2014
- Number of internet users in selected countries as of February 2014 (in millions)
Number of internet users worldwide in February 2014, by country
- Number of worldwide internet users from 2000 to 2014 (in millions)
Global number of worldwide internet users 2000-2014
- Average online retail spending in the United States 2012, by age groupAverage online retail spending in the United States 2012, by age group
- Number of online adults in the United States 2012, by age groupNumber of online adults in the United States 2012, by age group
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter