Mobile to Push Holiday Season E-Commerce Sales Past $50 Billion
The holiday season is the most important time of the year for both online and offline retailers in the United States. Analytics firm comScore expects digital sales to reach $55.2 billion during this year's holiday season, with mobile sales contributing $7.1 billion.
- United StatesThe Richest Families in America
This chart shows the top 10 wealthiest families in the United States in 2014.
- AmazonAmazon Prime Members Heavily Outspend Non-Prime Customers
This chart shows how much Amazon Prime members spend on Amazon.com compared to regular customers.
- AmazonAmazon's Online Sales Dwarf the Competition
This chart shows the the 10 largest online retailers in the United States, based on online retail sales in 2013.
- PriceA PS4 Costs 4x as Much in Brazil as in the U.S.
This chart shows the suggested retail price for a PlayStation 4 in selected countries in 2014.
- Food RetailFood Retail in the United States
This infographic illustrates key facts about food retail in the United States.
- Holiday season retail e-commerce sales figures in the United States from 2005 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
U.S. holiday season retail e-commerce sales figures 2005-2013
- Year-on-year change in visits to retail websites on U.S. peak holiday shopping days in 2013
Holiday shopping: peak shopping day traffic volume growth 2013
- U.S. online spending on Cyber Monday from 2005 to 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Cyber Monday: U.S. online spending 2005-2013
- Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013
- Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 1st quarter 2014Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 1st quarter 2014
- Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter