This charts shows Facebook's monthly active users, broken down by the type of device they access the social network on.
This chart illustrates how interactions with branded content on Facebook correlate with reach.
This chart shows the average number of interactions per Facebook post for the most engaging global brands on the social network.
This chart shows mobile monthly active users of services owned by Facebook.
This chart illustrates the declining organic reach of brands' Facebook posts.
This chart shows the percentage of male/female Facebook users who cite the following as "major reasons" why they use Facebook.
This charts shows Facebook's revenue growth, broken down by segment.
This chart illustrates Facebook’s impressive user growth since its inception in 2004.
This chart illustrates how young Americans are apparently losing interest in facebook. Since January 2011, the number of users aged 13 to 24 has declined by more than 6 million.
This chart shows that, despite all the functionality added over the years, people still use Facebook for the same reason that it was originally build for: to stay in touch with friends and family.
The unstoppable rise of smartphone and tablets leaves its mark on the world's largest social network. 21 percent of Facebook's monthly users are accessing the service exclusively from mobile devices!
This chart shows the incredible growth of Facebook's user base.
This chart shows advertising revenue growth of Facebook and Google prior to and immediately after going public.
This chart shows Facebook's revenue growth since the first quarter of 2012.
This chart shows the percentage of overall traffic to websites coming from Facebook or Twitter referrals. Next to social referrals, overall traffic includes direct traffic, paid and organic search traffic etc.
This chart shows the type of content posted by Facebook brand pages worldwide
This chart shows that Instagram has leapfrogged Facebook and Twitter as the most important social network for teens in the United States.
This chart shows how long Americans are using Facebook and Twitter on different platforms.
Facebook's significance as a traffic source for publishers is constantly growing. According to Shareaholic, Facebook referrals as a share of overall traffic of more than 200,000 publishers increased 170% over the past year!
It's been a little more than a month now since Twitter made its stock market debut in the most-anticipated IPO since Facebook went public in May 2012. As opposed to Facebook's IPO, Twitter's IPO was widely hailed as a success. But was it really?
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter