The 50 best ranked countries in the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index in 2013
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Hong Kong SAR||-|
|United Arab Emirates||-|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
The graph shows the 50 top-ranked countries in the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index in 2013. Austria is ranked third with a score of 5.39.
Travel and tourism - additional information
In 2013, the best ranked country in the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index was Switzerland with a score of 5.66 out of seven. The index was part of "The Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2013: Reducing Barriers to Economic Growth and Job Creation." The report assessed worldwide economies on their travel and tourism development efforts and the impact of this on job creation. It also investigated the factors that hinder travel and tourism’s development, such as inefficient visa policies.
Travel and tourism’s total contribution to global GDP reached 6.99 trillion U.S. dollars in 2013 - almost 3.5 trillion of this figure came from leisure spending. In that year, there were 973.8 million international tourist arrivals worldwide, over half of these visiting Europe. This number had increased by around 250 million since 2005 and was forecasted to almost double to 1.81 billion by 2030.
The United States ranked sixth out of 50 on the 2013 Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index with a score of 5.32 out of seven. Travel and tourism’s total contribution to GDP in the U.S. was 1.42 trillion U.S. dollars and, of its direct contribution, just under 80 percent came from domestic tourists. In the same year, the industry directly created 5.43 million jobs in the U.S.
- Tourism: hotel industry worldwide RevPARTourism: hotel industry worldwide RevPAR
- Tourism: room prices in non-euro citiesTourism: room prices in non-euro cities
- Average hotel room rates in top travel destinations worldwideAverage hotel room rates in top travel destinations worldwide
- Tourism: utilization of the hotel industry in non-euro citiesTourism: utilization of the hotel industry in non-euro cities
- Average room rate in the hotel industry worldwideAverage room rate in the hotel industry worldwide
- Revenue from tourism in China 2013Revenue from tourism in China 2013
- Growth rate in tourism revenue in China 2013Growth rate in tourism revenue in China 2013
- Cost of getting married at selected landmarks worldwide as of September 2014Cost of getting married at selected landmarks worldwide as of September 2014
- Visits to the United Kingdom (UK) from Europe in 2012, by airportVisits to the United Kingdom (UK) from Europe in 2012, by airport
- Number of hotels in the largest hotel groupsNumber of hotels in the largest hotel groups
- Hotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPARHotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPAR