Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
McDonald's revenue from 2005 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
|Revenue (in billion U.S. dollars)|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The graph shows the global revenue of McDonald's from 2005 to 2013 in billion U.S. dollars. In 2009, McDonald's generated a total revenue of 22.75 billion U.S. dollars.
McDonald's revenue breakdown: company-operated and franchised restaurants
McDonald's - additional information
In 2013, McDonald’s reached its highest revenue in at least nine years. During this time frame, the company’s revenue increased year over year, excluding 2009 when business took a slight dip due to the global recession. In 2013, 11.3 billion U.S. dollars were generated in Europe, the largest contribution to the company’s total revenue. The second largest contributor was the United States with 8.85 billion U.S. dollars.
McDonald’s was founded in California in the United States in 1940 and, by 2013, had 35,429 restaurants worldwide, 14,278 of which were in the U.S. The company serves an average of 70 million customers worldwide every day. Its products include a variety of burgers, sandwiches, French fries, chicken nuggets, ice cream, soft drinks, and hot beverages. As well as these, McDonald’s serves breakfast items, such as breakfast muffins, pancakes, and bagels, for a limited time each morning. In the spring of 2013, almost 45 million people visited McDonald’s for breakfast in the U.S. alone.
With a brand value of over 90 billion U.S. dollars, McDonald’s is by far the most valuable fast food brand in the world. Its closest competitor, Starbucks, has a much smaller brand value of just under 18 billion U.S. dollars. Starbucks, however, offers a very different range of products than McDonald’s and specializes in coffee. Other leading fast food brands that offer a more comparable range of products to McDonald’s are Burger King and KFC.
- Maritim Hotel Group revenue 2010Maritim Hotel Group revenue 2010
- Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009
- Tourism: hotel industry worldwide RevPARTourism: hotel industry worldwide RevPAR
- Hotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPARHotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPAR
- Quick service restaurant chains ranked by revenue worldwide in 2013Quick service restaurant chains ranked by revenue worldwide in 2013
- Direct core cruise travel spending of the North American cruise industry 2010 to 2013Direct core cruise travel spending of the North American cruise industry 2010 to 2013
- Revenue per available room of hotels in India from 2000 to 2014Revenue per available room of hotels in India from 2000 to 2014
- Cruise revenue, expense and profit per passenger worldwide 2011-2014Cruise revenue, expense and profit per passenger worldwide 2011-2014
- Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000
- Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000
- Percentage of overnight travel and destination of U.S. residents 2000Percentage of overnight travel and destination of U.S. residents 2000