Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Sales of the leading 10 snack nuts brands of the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
|Sales in million U.S. dollars|
|Blue Diamond Smokehouse||40.7|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph shows the sales of the leading 10 snack nuts brands of the United States in 2013. Planters snack nuts, owned by Kraft Foods, was ranked second, following only private label brands, with about 874 million U.S. dollars worth of sales in 2013.
U.S. snack nuts market
Snack nuts are a popular part of the snack food repertoire of the United States. Common nut types include almonds, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans. They can either be packaged as a single nut specialty or as an assortment of different nut types. Snack nut standards, such as detailed weight percentages or product labeling, are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Consumers often try to incorporate snack nuts into their daily diet as a healthy and delicious snacking alternative as clinical studies have revealed that they may help prevent cardiovascular disease. Additional clinical studies found that frequent nut consumption may be linked to a reduced risk of major chronic illnesses. Nuts contain ‘heart-healthy’ fats, minerals and vitamins, but they also do tend to be high in calories. Therefore, snack nut manufacturers now offer nuts in snack-size packages to allow consumers to watch their portions and to eat a wholesome, filling snack while on-the-go.
Key players of the U.S. snack nut market include Kraft Foods, Paramount Farms and Blue Diamond Growers as well as various private label manufacturers. Planters is a signature brand of the Kraft Foods Group, which is based in Northfield, Illinois. In addition to nuts and nuts mixes, the brand’s product portfolio includes peanut butter and baking and cooking ingredients.
- Sherbet sales: leading brands in the U.S. 2013Sherbet sales: leading brands in the U.S. 2013
- Percentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by brandPercentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by brand
- Sales growth of leading lip balm brands in the U.S. 2012Sales growth of leading lip balm brands in the U.S. 2012
- Sales share of the leading deodorant brands in the U.S. 2013Sales share of the leading deodorant brands in the U.S. 2013
- Percentage of sock sales in the U.S. by leading brand 2013Percentage of sock sales in the U.S. by leading brand 2013
- Trade revenue of clothing in China by month August 2014Trade revenue of clothing in China by month August 2014
- China: trade revenue of sport and leisure articles by month August 2014China: trade revenue of sport and leisure articles by month August 2014
- China: trade revenue of furniture by month August 2014China: trade revenue of furniture by month August 2014
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012
- Percentage of e-commerce in total U.S. Q4 retail sales 2002-2013Percentage of e-commerce in total U.S. Q4 retail sales 2002-2013
- Leading refrigerated breakfast meat brands sales of the U.S. 2012Leading refrigerated breakfast meat brands sales of the U.S. 2012