Sales of the leading 10 snack nuts brands of the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
|Sales in million U.S. dollars|
|Blue Diamond Smokehouse||40.7|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph shows the sales of the leading 10 snack nuts brands of the United States in 2013. Planters snack nuts, owned by Kraft Foods, was ranked second, following only private label brands, with about 874 million U.S. dollars worth of sales in 2013.
U.S. snack nuts market
Snack nuts are a popular part of the snack food repertoire of the United States. Common nut types include almonds, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans. They can either be packaged as a single nut specialty or as an assortment of different nut types. Snack nut standards, such as detailed weight percentages or product labeling, are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Consumers often try to incorporate snack nuts into their daily diet as a healthy and delicious snacking alternative as clinical studies have revealed that they may help prevent cardiovascular disease. Additional clinical studies found that frequent nut consumption may be linked to a reduced risk of major chronic illnesses. Nuts contain ‘heart-healthy’ fats, minerals and vitamins, but they also do tend to be high in calories. Therefore, snack nut manufacturers now offer nuts in snack-size packages to allow consumers to watch their portions and to eat a wholesome, filling snack while on-the-go.
Key players of the U.S. snack nut market include Kraft Foods, Paramount Farms and Blue Diamond Growers as well as various private label manufacturers. Planters is a signature brand of the Kraft Foods Group, which is based in Northfield, Illinois. In addition to nuts and nuts mixes, the brand’s product portfolio includes peanut butter and baking and cooking ingredients.
- Sherbet sales: leading brands in the U.S. 2013Sherbet sales: leading brands in the U.S. 2013
- Percentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by brandPercentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by brand
- Sales growth of leading lip balm brands in the U.S. 2012Sales growth of leading lip balm brands in the U.S. 2012
- Sales share of the leading deodorant brands in the U.S. 2013Sales share of the leading deodorant brands in the U.S. 2013
- Percentage of sock sales in the U.S. by leading brand 2013Percentage of sock sales in the U.S. by leading brand 2013
- Leading 100 Amercian retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2013Leading 100 Amercian retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2013
- Leading apparel retailers in the U.S. based on retail sales 2013Leading apparel retailers in the U.S. based on retail sales 2013
- Number of stores of the leading apparel retailers in the U.S. 2013Number of stores of the leading apparel retailers in the U.S. 2013
- Soft drinks and non-alcoholic beverages in the UK - Statista Dossier 2014Soft drinks and non-alcoholic beverages in the UK - Statista Dossier 2014
- Bottled water in the U.S. - Statista dossier 2013Bottled water in the U.S. - Statista dossier 2013
- Non-alcoholic beverages and soft drinks in the United States - Statista dossier 2013Non-alcoholic beverages and soft drinks in the United States - Statista dossier 2013
- PepsiCo's business information 2013PepsiCo's business information 2013
Report included in Corporate Account only
- Snack foods - Statista Dossier 2013Snack foods - Statista Dossier 2013
- Interbrand - Ranking of the Top Global Brands 2013Interbrand - Ranking of the Top Global Brands 2013
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013
- Ranking of oil exporters worldwide 2013Ranking of oil exporters worldwide 2013