Total number of Nike retail stores worldwide from 2009 to 2013
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Total number of retail stores|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This timeline shows the total number of Nike retail stores worldwide from 2009 to 2013. In 2011, Nike operated a total of 756 retail stores throughout the entire world.
The number of Nike's retail stores in the United States from 2009 to 2013 is to be found here.
Nike, Inc. is a sportswear and equipment supplier based in the United States that was founded in January 1964. The company's headquarters are located near Beaverton, Oregon. Nike is the world's leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment.
US-based Nike is the world leader in athletic footwear and apparel. The company, which is traded as NKE on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), has acquired several footwear and apparel companies over its history such as Cole Haan, Bauer Hockey, Converse, Hurley International, Starter and Umbro. The Nike swoosh is one of the most recognized logos, as well as one of the most reputable athletic sponsors in the world. Nike employed approximately 48,000 people and operated more than 750 retail stores worldwide in 2013. Much of Nike's success can be attributed to the brands worldwide marketing campaign which uses sponsorship agreements with celebrity athletes, professional sports teams and college athletic programs to use their products for the promotion of their technology and design.
Over the years, the sporting goods industry has seen many mergers and acquisitions. Key players in the industry include Reebok, Adidas, Puma and of course Nike, with the latter generating a global revenue over 25 billion U.S. dollars in 2013. Some of these companies are joining up with fashion designers to produce new clothing styles and widen their product lines. As a result, consumption will continue to be driven by a trend toward less formal dress in the workplace and demand from specific demographics such as teenagers and baby boomers.
- Number of Nike's non-U.S. retail stores 2009-2013Number of Nike's non-U.S. retail stores 2009-2013
- Number of Nike's retail stores in the U.S. 2009-2013Number of Nike's retail stores in the U.S. 2009-2013
- Number of Genesco retail stores worldwide 2009-2014Number of Genesco retail stores worldwide 2009-2014
- Revenue of small specialty retail stores in the U.S., 2008-2013Revenue of small specialty retail stores in the U.S., 2008-2013
- Number of retail stores of Luxottica worldwide by geographical region 2013Number of retail stores of Luxottica worldwide by geographical region 2013
- Areas of inspiration for Halloween costumes in the U.S. 2014Areas of inspiration for Halloween costumes in the U.S. 2014
- U.S. synthetic diamond imports 2007-2012U.S. synthetic diamond imports 2007-2012
- U.S. synthetic diamond exports 2007-2012U.S. synthetic diamond exports 2007-2012
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013
- Ranking of oil exporters worldwide 2013Ranking of oil exporters worldwide 2013