Number of worldwide active Amazon customer accounts from 1997 to 2013 (in millions)
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Number of accounts (in millions)|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This statistic gives information on the worldwide number of active Amazon customer accounts between 2007 and 2013. At the end of 2013, the American multinational e-commerce company announced 237 million active customer accounts.
Amazon is an American electronic commerce company that was originally founded in 1994 in Seattle, USA. Amazon is also recognized as the world’s largest online retailer. The company started off primarily selling books, but has since expanded its catalogue to clothing, electronics, music and many more goods. Amazon is also highly known for its Amazon Kindle e-book reader, which was first released in 1997.
As of 2005, the company created Amazon Prime, a paid service, in which members were eligible for faster two-day or even one-day shipping on their orders and allowed for access to Amazon Instant Video, which is Amazon’s video streaming service. As of February 2012, 7 percent of the U.S. population were Amazon Prime subscribers.
Amazon has seen significant growth to say the least over the past several years, often attracting customers who look for goods from brand names at more reasonable prices, often cutting out the extra cost of purchasing at a retailer. As a result, Amazon earned approximately 74.5 billion U.S. dollars in sales revenues in 2013, ranking first among leading publicly traded internet companies. Additionally, Amazon earned a net income of 274 million U.S. dollars in 2013, which, due to several acquisitions and investments, was significantly lower compared to previous years.
- Forecast: B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2011-2016Forecast: B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2011-2016
- Global B2C e-commerce sales 2012-2018Global B2C e-commerce sales 2012-2018
- Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013
- North America: percentage of global B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018North America: percentage of global B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018
- Asia Pacific: percentage of global B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018Asia Pacific: percentage of global B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018
- Number of digital buyers in Western Europe from 2013 to 2018Number of digital buyers in Western Europe from 2013 to 2018
- Number of digital buyers in Germany from 2011 to 2018Number of digital buyers in Germany from 2011 to 2018
- Number of digital buyers in France from 2011 to 2018Number of digital buyers in France from 2011 to 2018
- United States: number of digital shoppers 2010-2018United States: number of digital shoppers 2010-2018
- U.S. manufacturing shipments e-commerce value 2003-2012U.S. manufacturing shipments e-commerce value 2003-2012
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012