Sportswear / Sporting goods companies ranked by worldwide revenue in 2013/2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Revenue (in billion U.S. dollars)|
|VF Corporation (2013)||-|
|Amer Sports (2013)||-|
|New Balance (2013)||-|
|Columbia Sportswear (2013)||-|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
The statistic ranks sporting goods / sportswear manufacturers according to their respective worldwide revenues in 2013 / 2014. Nike generated the most revenue of the companies compared in the statistics with around 27.8 billion U.S. dollars in revenue in its 2014 fiscal year.
Worldwide revenue of sportwear companies - additional information
Nike and Adidas are the most dominant sportswear and sporting goods companies worldwide with combined revenue of almost 50 billion U.S. dollars in 2013/2014. Nike is an American corporation which was founded in January 1964 as Blue Ribbon Sports and officially became Nike, Inc. in May 1971. Its worldwide revenue in 2014 reached almost 28 billion U.S. dollars, over double the figure of 2005. There are over 850 Nike retail stores worldwide, 322 of which are in the United States. A large proportion of Nike’s income comes from footwear and revenue in this segment reached almost 15 billion U.S. dollars in 2013, in comparison to the 9.46 billion U.S. dollars generated by Adidas in the same sector.
Adidas was founded in 1949 by the German Adolf Dassler, following a rift between him and his brother Rudolf (who went on to create the sporting company “Puma”). Net sales of the Adidas brand worldwide reached 11 billion euros in 2013, making it the second largest sportwear company in the world behind Nike. The sales of the corporation can be split into three product categories – footwear, apparel, and hardware. Footwear generates the most revenue for Adidas with net sales of almost 7 billion euros in 2013. Western Europe remains the biggest market for Adidas with 32 percent of the net sales in 2013, compared to 18 percent in North America and 16 percent in Greater China.
- Wholesale sales of U.S. sports product industry in the U.S. 2013Wholesale sales of U.S. sports product industry in the U.S. 2013
Manufacturers (wholesale) sales sports products industry* in the U.S. from 2008 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
- Adidas and Puma: net sales worldwide 2013Adidas and Puma: net sales worldwide 2013
Net sales of Adidas and Puma worldwide from 2006 to 2013 (in million euros)*
- Sporting goods: consumer purchases in the U.S. 2014Sporting goods: consumer purchases in the U.S. 2014
Consumer purchases of sporting goods in the U.S. from 2002 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
- The adidas Group's wholesale net sales 2009-2013, by brand+The adidas Group's wholesale net sales 2009-2013, by brand
The adidas Group's wholesale net sales from 2009 to 2013, by brand (in percent)
- Net sales of the Reebok-CCM Hockey brand worldwide 2006-2013+Net sales of the Reebok-CCM Hockey brand worldwide 2006-2013
Net sales of the Reebok-CCM Hockey brand worldwide from 2006 to 2013 (in million euros)
- National Basketball Association all-time scoring leaders 1946-2014National Basketball Association all-time scoring leaders 1946-2014
- Global social casino revenues 2013-2015Global social casino revenues 2013-2015
- FC Bayern Munich AG revenue 2013/14FC Bayern Munich AG revenue 2013/14
- Total revenue sports market worldwide 2005-2017Total revenue sports market worldwide 2005-2017
- Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013
- Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013