Mexico: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
|Inhabitants in millions|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic depicts the total population of Mexico from 2004 to 2014. In 2011, Mexico's estimated total population amounted to about 113.7 million people.
Total population of Mexico
The total population of Mexico was expected to reach 116.02 million people by the end of 2013. Despite being the source of one of the largest migration flows in the world, Mexico has managed to maintain around a 1.25 percent population growth rate for the last several years, roughly the same growth rate as India. A slowly declining fertility rate still holds above the replacement rate, and life expectancy is growing, expanding the population from both ends of the age spectrum. With the rising life expectancy, the median age of Mexican residents has also increased, and an increasing stream of immigrants from the financially-troubled Spain has also boosted population numbers.
The majority of the Mexican population is Roman Catholic, owing to its colonial Spanish background. Spanish is the predominant language, with several regional and local dialects spoken, but a number of indigenous languages, such as Nahuatl, survive and are also spoken around Mexico.
One worrying and relatively recent trend in Mexico is the growing share of the population becoming overweight or obese. It is not entirely clear what sort of effect the obesity epidemic is going to have on Mexican population numbers in the long run, but is starting to manifest itself not just in physical appearance, but in the increased rates of heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes. In fact, diabetes was one of the top causes of deaths for Mexicans in recent years.
- Total population of the United States 2014Total population of the United States 2014
- Total population in Japan 2014Total population in Japan 2014
- Total population of India 2014Total population of India 2014
- Total population of France 2014Total population of France 2014
- Total population of Brazil 2014Total population of Brazil 2014
- Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014
- Monthly inflation rate in China as of June 2014Monthly inflation rate in China as of June 2014
- Population growth in the European Union (EU) 2013Population growth in the European Union (EU) 2013
- Aging population in China - Statista Dossier 2013Aging population in China - Statista Dossier 2013
- Population in China - Statista Dossier 2013Population in China - Statista Dossier 2013
- United Arab Emirates - Statista Dossier 2014United Arab Emirates - Statista Dossier 2014
- Ukraine - Statista Dossier 2014Ukraine - Statista Dossier 2014
- Germany - Statista Dossier 2014Germany - Statista Dossier 2014
- Iran - Statista Dossier 2014Iran - Statista Dossier 2014
- Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014
- Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014
- Ukrainians' confidence in their government from 2006 to 2013Ukrainians' confidence in their government from 2006 to 2013