Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Global market share held by LCD TV manufacturers from 2008 to 2013
|Samsung||LG Electronics||TCL||Sony||Hisense||Skyworth||Toshiba||AOC/TP Vision||Panasonic||Sharp||Others|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the global market share held by LCD TV manufacturers from 2008 to 2013 (measured from shipments). In 2011, with respect to LCD TV shipments, Samsung held a worldwide market share of 18.8 percent.
LCD manufacturers global share - additional information
In 2013, Samsung was the market leader in the manufacture of LCD TVs in terms of its share of global shipments. The South Korean company held over 20 percent of worldwide LCD shipments in 2013, 7 percent more than the share of its closest competitor, LG Electronics. As a result of Samsung’s continued success in this market, as well as its significant share in the smartphone market, the company’s global revenue exceeded 200 billion U.S. dollars for the first time in 2013.
Although Sony remains the fourth largest LCD manufacturer, it has seen its market share more than halve from 13.7 percent in 2008 to 6.3 percent in 2013. Yet LCD TVs remain a key segment for Sony as the company sold 3.6 million units in the second quarter of 2014. This made LCD TVs the second largest sector for Sony behind only its smartphone segment.
Sales of LCD TVs worldwide were worth almost 100 billion euros in 2013, a figure that is projected to fall to 93.7 billion euros by 2015. Asia/Pacific was the largest market for LCDs as over 74 million units were sold in the region in 2013 and China alone accounted for 42.5 million of these units. This meant that almost 20 percent of all LCD TVs sold worldwide throughout the year were sold in China. North America was the second largest market for LCDs as 41.8 million units were sold there in 2013, 33.7 million of which were purchased in the United States.
- Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2013+Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2013
Global market share held by the leading smartphone vendors from 2012 to 2013
- Global market share held by computer operating systems 2012-2014, by monthGlobal market share held by computer operating systems 2012-2014, by month
Market share held by the leading computer operating systems worldwide from January 2012 to September 2014
- Global market share held by PC vendors in 2013+Global market share held by PC vendors in 2013
Global market share held by the leading PC vendors in 2013
- Global market share held by mobile phone vendors in 2013+Global market share held by mobile phone vendors in 2013
Global market share held by the leading mobile phone vendors in 2013
- U.S. market share held by smartphone platforms 2012-2014, by month+U.S. market share held by smartphone platforms 2012-2014, by month
Market share held by smartphone platforms in the United States from January 2012 to September 2014
- Smartphone market share held by vendors in India 2013-2014, by quarterSmartphone market share held by vendors in India 2013-2014, by quarter
- Enterprise WLAN vendors quarterly market share worldwide 2012-2014Enterprise WLAN vendors quarterly market share worldwide 2012-2014
- Enterprise WLAN vendors: revenue 2012-2014, by quarterEnterprise WLAN vendors: revenue 2012-2014, by quarter
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018
- Total market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segmentTotal market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segment
- Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020