Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Sales in billion U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows U.S. e-commerce sales from 2000 to 2013. In 2012, B2C online retail sales spending in the United States amounted to 289 billion U.S. dollars, a 13 percent growth from the previous year. Online B2C sales recovered continued to grow to 322 billion U.S. dollars in 2013, the majority of which were accumulated through retail e-commerce sales that year.
Online retail Online retail in the United States is a strong sector of the U.S. e-commerce market with constantly growing sales. With an annual average compound growth rate of 13.47 percent, e-commerce sales in the United States are close to reaching several hundred billion dollars, up from 72 billion U.S. dollars over a decade ago in 2002. E-commerce sales are usually divided into the business-to-consumer segments of online travel and online retail sales with the latter accounting for the majority of U.S. e-commerce revenue.
The prevalence of e-commerce sales has lead to changes and competition in pricing as consumers are now able to gather information about the best deals. Online shopping has also lead to showrooming where customers check out a product in-store and then shop for a cheaper price online. Many brick and mortar stores have subsequently adopted an online price-matching strategy and furthermore encourage consumers to shop at the stores’ retail sites instead of e-commerce companies such as Amazon.
- China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2007-2017+China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2007-2017
Gross merchandise volume (GMV) of China's online shopping market from 2007 to 2017 (in billion yuan)
- Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 3rd quarter 2014Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 3rd quarter 2014
Most popular retail websites in the United States as of 3rd quarter 2014, ranked by visitors (in millions)
- Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013
Online retail expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) from 2000 to 2013 (in billion GBP)
- Forecast: U.S. online retail revenue 2010 - 2016+Forecast: U.S. online retail revenue 2010 - 2016
U.S. online retail revenue from 2010 with forecast of 2012 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Average U.S. online shopping order value as of 3rd quarter 2014Average U.S. online shopping order value as of 3rd quarter 2014
Average value of online shopping orders in the United States from 2nd quarter 2012 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in U.S. dollars)
- Online shopping device usage in the United States 2014Online shopping device usage in the United States 2014
- Amazon.com: audience reach in selected global markets 2014Amazon.com: audience reach in selected global markets 2014
- Digital ad revenue share of major ad-selling companies worldwide 2012-2014Digital ad revenue share of major ad-selling companies worldwide 2012-2014
- MMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by typeMMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by type
- Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018
- B2C e-commerce as percentage of GDP worldwide 2009-2018B2C e-commerce as percentage of GDP worldwide 2009-2018