Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Most popular retail websites in the United States as of 1st quarter 2014, ranked by visitors (in millions)
|Unique monthly visitors in millions|
|Best Buy Sites||25|
|The Home Depot||20|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic contains data on the average monthly number of visitors to online retail sites in the United States. During the overall first quarter of 2014, 164 million users visited Amazon's websites per month.
Online Retail Online retail in the United States is a multi-billion dollar sector of business-to-consumer transactions where goods are sold via the internet. There are different online retail website categories: some retailer websites are based on brick-and-mortar stores whereas others are designated online retailing companies. There are also auction sites which allow third party or private sellers to market their goods.
Most online retail sites require an on-site registration where users provide their payment and shipping details. Online retail sites enable customers to browse a range of products before placing them into an electronic shopping cart. Customers can usually select one of several digital payment options before completing the transaction and having the items shipped to them. Online retail sites are not bound to a physical location or regulations such as store opening times, and as such, have proven themselves immensely convenient for consumers.
In the United States, Amazon.com is the by far most popular online retail site. The market leader averages more than 150 million unique visitors per month and is also leading in terms of revenue and reach. The site’s broad assortment of goods as well as various online offers such as Amazon Prime or third-party selling make it the perfect platform for online shoppers.
- Leading online retailers offering click-and-collect in the UK 2009-2013Leading online retailers offering click-and-collect in the UK 2009-2013
- Trust in online retailers in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2012Trust in online retailers in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2012
- Unique mobile visitors to mobile retail properties in the U.S. 2012Unique mobile visitors to mobile retail properties in the U.S. 2012
- Average delivery cost of online retailers in the UK 2013, by delivery optionAverage delivery cost of online retailers in the UK 2013, by delivery option
- Unique visitors to leading U.S. flash sale websites in 2nd quarter 2012Unique visitors to leading U.S. flash sale websites in 2nd quarter 2012
- Leading retail websites in the United States in August 2014Leading retail websites in the United States in August 2014
- Shareholders of Zalando as of September, by ownership stakeShareholders of Zalando as of September, by ownership stake
- Online payment transaction volume in China from 2006 to 2017Online payment transaction volume in China from 2006 to 2017
- United States: number of digital shoppers 2010-2018United States: number of digital shoppers 2010-2018
- U.S. manufacturing shipments e-commerce value 2003-2012U.S. manufacturing shipments e-commerce value 2003-2012
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012