Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Most popular retail websites in the United States as of 3rd quarter 2014, ranked by visitors (in millions)
|Unique monthly visitors in millions|
|Best Buy Sites||27|
|The Home Depot||23|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic contains data on the average monthly number of visitors to online retail sites in the United States. During the overall third quarter of 2014, 168 million users visited Amazon's websites per month.
Online Retail Online retail in the United States is a multi-billion dollar sector of business-to-consumer transactions where goods are sold via the internet. There are different online retail website categories: some retailer websites are based on brick-and-mortar stores whereas others are designated online retailing companies. There are also auction sites which allow third party or private sellers to market their goods.
Most online retail sites require an on-site registration where users provide their payment and shipping details. Online retail sites enable customers to browse a range of products before placing them into an electronic shopping cart. Customers can usually select one of several digital payment options before completing the transaction and having the items shipped to them. Online retail sites are not bound to a physical location or regulations such as store opening times, and as such, have proven themselves immensely convenient for consumers.
In the United States, Amazon.com is the by far most popular online retail site. The market leader averages more than 150 million unique visitors per month and is also leading in terms of revenue and reach. The site’s broad assortment of goods as well as various online offers such as Amazon Prime or third-party selling make it the perfect platform for online shoppers.
- Leading online retailers offering click-and-collect in the UK 2009-2013Leading online retailers offering click-and-collect in the UK 2009-2013
Share of leading online retailers offering click-and-collect ordering in the United Kingdom (UK) from 2009 to 2013*
- Trust in online retailers in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2012+Trust in online retailers in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2012
How much do you trust online retailers?
- Unique mobile visitors to mobile retail properties in the U.S. 2012Unique mobile visitors to mobile retail properties in the U.S. 2012
Most popular mobile retail properties in the U.S. as of September 2012, ranked by unique visitors (in millions)
- Average delivery cost of online retailers in the UK 2013, by delivery option+Average delivery cost of online retailers in the UK 2013, by delivery option
Mean average delivery cost of online retailers in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2013, by delivery option (in GBP)
- Unique visitors to most popular online retailers in Japan 2014Unique visitors to most popular online retailers in Japan 2014
Most popular online retailers in Japan in October 2014, based on number of unique visitors (in millions)
- Online shopping device usage in the United States 2014Online shopping device usage in the United States 2014
- Amazon.com: audience reach in selected global markets 2014Amazon.com: audience reach in selected global markets 2014
- Europe: share of internet users accessing online shopping 2014-2017Europe: share of internet users accessing online shopping 2014-2017
- MMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by typeMMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by type
- Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018
- B2C e-commerce as percentage of GDP worldwide 2009-2018B2C e-commerce as percentage of GDP worldwide 2009-2018