U.S. Wind Power Market - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and Facts about Wind Power in the U.S.
In 2013, wind power was the largest non-hydroelectric renewable energy source in the United States. The country generated about 168 terawatt hours of wind power that year. With a global market share of around 15.5 percent, General Electric was the leading wind turbine manufacturer in 2012. That year, the U.S.-based company generated revenue of around 25 billion U.S. dollars from its power and water segment in the fiscal year of 2013.
NextEra topped the list of U.S. wind power providers, based on 2012 capacity under managing ownership. The Florida-based electricity supplier owns and operates Horse Hollow and Capricorn Ridge, two of the largest wind power projects in the United States. U.S. wind power capacity additions are projected to reach approximately 1.5 gigawatts in 2014.
Photo: istockphoto.com / nikada
|Global cumulative installed wind power capacity||318,529MW||Details →|
|Annual wind power capacity installations worldwide||35,550MW||Details →|
|Leading country in new installed wind power capacity||PR China||Details →|
|Number of jobs in the wind energy industry worldwide||1,000,000||Details →|
|Wind Energy in the U.S. Power Market||Values||Statistic|
|Cumulative installed wind power capacity in the U.S.||40,180MW||Details →|
|U.S. wind electricity net generation||167.67bn kWh||Details →|
|Sales price of wind power||$54.09/MWh||Details →|
|Increase in wind power generation in the U.S.||16.6%||Details →|
- Global cumulative installed capacity of wind power: by country 2013Global cumulative installed capacity of wind power: by country 2013
Cumulative installed capacity of wind power worldwide in 2013, by country (in megawatts)*
- U.S. wind power generation 2000-2013U.S. wind power generation 2000-2013
U.S. wind electricity net generation from 2000 to 2013 (in billion kilowatt hours)
- Largest wind power projects in the United States 2013Largest wind power projects in the United States 2013
Largest U.S. wind power projects as of 2013, by installed capacity (in megawatts)
- Wind energy capacity - worldwide through 1998-2013Wind energy capacity - worldwide through 1998-2013
- Installed wind power capacity - worldwide 2001-2013Installed wind power capacity - worldwide 2001-2013
- Wind energy - the total installed capacity worldwide 2000-2013Wind energy - the total installed capacity worldwide 2000-2013