LinkedIn - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a social networking site for professionals. With close to 300 million members worldwide, it is one of the most popular social networks in terms of active users. Available in over 20 languages in more than 200 countries, the website focuses on business connections and industry contacts for employers and working professionals, allowing companies to present themselves through online pages and for users to find job listings and to enhance their connectedness in their area of expertise.
LinkedIn generates revenue from three different sources: hiring solutions are the largest contributor to the company’s revenue, followed by advertising and premium subscriptions. LinkedIn’s annual revenue in 2013 amounted to more than 1.5 billion U.S. dollars with the majority of revenues being generated through field sales.
Members can utilize the network to research people and companies, to connect with past business associates and colleagues as well as to build new relationships with influencers. In contrast to many other social networks, LinkedIn enables users to see who recently viewed their profile – a feature that most internet users find very helpful in fostering networking contacts.
LinkedIn is a popular tool for online recruiting with a near-universal usage amongst social recruiting channels. According to industry statistics, LinkedIn has the highest utilization rate in successfully placing a candidate. LinkedIn filed for an initial public offering in January 2011 and made its debut on the stock market four months later on May 19.
|Annual revenue of LinkedIn||$1,528.5m||Details →|
|LinkedIn's net revenue||$534m||Details →|
|Number of LinkedIn members||313m||Details →|
|Unique visiting members to LinkedIn (per quarter)||84m||Details →|
- Weekly LinkedIn usage of registered users 2014Weekly LinkedIn usage of registered users 2014
Weekly LinkedIn usage of registered users as of May 2014 (in hours)
- LinkedIn's net revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014LinkedIn's net revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014
LinkedIn's net revenue from 1st quarter 2009 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
- LinkedIn's membership worldwide as of October 2013, by countryLinkedIn's membership worldwide as of October 2013, by country
Registered members of LinkedIn worldwide as of October 2013, by country (in millions)
- Share of U.S. internet users who use LinkedIn 2013, by age groupShare of U.S. internet users who use LinkedIn 2013, by age group
Percentage of U.S. internet users who use LinkedIn as of September 2013, by age group
- LinkedIn news consumers in in the U.S. in 2013, by ageLinkedIn news consumers in in the U.S. in 2013, by age
Distribution of LinkedIn news consumers in the United States as of September 2013, by age
- Main social networking site preference in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by ageMain social networking site preference in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by age
- Reach of selected social networking websites in the Great Britain 2013-2014Reach of selected social networking websites in the Great Britain 2013-2014
- Share of U.S. adult internet users who use social networking sites 2005-2013Share of U.S. adult internet users who use social networking sites 2005-2013