The Best Employers for New Grads have been chosen in an independent survey from a vast sample of more than 10,000 U.S. young professionals (employees that have under 10 years work experience) working for companies employing at least 1,000 people within the US. The young professionals were not consulted via their employers but anonymously through several online panels. By doing so, the young professionals could openly state his/her opinion, avoiding any influence from their employer. The survey was conducted using an online access panel. In addition, master’s students from more than 1,000 universities in the US who had already worked for 1-3 years were invited to participate via the Statista platform.
Selection of Employers
In an open-ended question with an autofill-option, each young professional was asked which firm or institution he or she worked for. Where appropriate, subsidiaries of larger entities were combined for evaluation. The survey was conducted on companies from all industry sectors employing more than 1,000 employees in the United States.
The recommended employers have been classified into one or more of the 25 industry sectors listed below:
- Construction, Oil & Gas Operations, Mining and Chemicals
- Engineering, Manufacturing
- Automotive (Automotive and Suppliers)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Drugs & Biotechnology
- Semiconductors, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Technology Hardware & Equipment
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Packaged Goods
- Food, Soft Beverages, Alcohol & Tobacco
- Transportation and Logistics
- Banking and Financial Services
- Telecommunications Services, Cable Supplier
- IT, Internet, Software & Services
- Professional Services
- Media & Advertising
- Business Services & Supplies
- Government Services
- Healthcare & Social
- Retail, Wholesale
- Clothing, Shoes, Sports Equipment (Manufacturing and Retail)
- Travel & Leisure
The evaluation was based on two different criteria:
- Direct recommendations – work topics in general: The young professionals were asked to give their opinion on a series of statements surrounding atmosphere & development, image, working conditions, salary & wage, workplace and diversity with regard to their own employer. The rate of agreement/disagreement regarding the statements was measured on a 5-point Likert scale. Additionally the likelihood of recommending one’s own employer (measured on an 11-point Likert scale) was also asked.
- Indirect recommendations: Additionally, participants were given the chance to evaluate other employers in their respective industries that stand out either positively or negatively.
A score was calculated for each criterion and the sum was consolidated into a final score for each employer on a scale from 0 to 100, ranking the employers accordingly.
The 250 highest-scoring companies were awarded "The Best Employers for New Grads"
* Please note the following conditions
Use of the label in your promotional materials is only permitted unmodified and only for a period of one year. You may not attribute any statement of fact to Forbes other than your placement on the list in your respective industry. You alone are responsible for the admissibility of the commercial use of the seal under competition law; in this respect, Forbes and Statista give no guarantee and assume no liability. In consideration for payment, you (The Licensee) are hereby granted a nonexclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license during the term of this Agreement for digital use rights (web posting, email, digital presentations, branded social media and similar) and print reproduction use rights (letterhead, sales materials, reports, white papers, brochures, posters and signage and similar) of the Forbes Logo (The Logo) pictured in this agreement. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that The Logo and all right, title and interest therein, is and shall remain the exclusive property of FM. Licensee shall not distort, misrepresent, alter the meaning of or otherwise edit The Logo. FM may terminate this Agreement upon 30 days’ written notice if Licensee materially breaches any of the terms of this Agreement; provided, however, that this Agreement will not terminate if the breaching party has substantially cured the breach to the reasonable satisfaction of FM within 30 days of a notice pursuant to this section. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, Licensee’s right to use The Logo shall immediately terminate and all rights granted to Licensee hereunder with respect to The Logo shall automatically revert to FM without further notice. This Agreement contains the full and complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior representations and understanding, whether oral or written. This Agreement shall be construed and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York.