The 2023 America’s Best Customer Service rankings were identified from the results of an independent survey of more than 30,000 U.S. customers who have either made purchases, used services, or gathered information about products or services in the past three years. Customers evaluated several brands: in total over 200,000 evaluations were collected. The awarded brands each received on average 100 evaluations from customers.
The survey was conducted on retailers and service providers from 166 categories, providing results for a broad spectrum of customer experiences in traditional retail, online and service segments. For each category, the most relevant brands were included in the scope of the survey according to reputation, turnover or market share.
- In the brick and mortar categories, only retailers and service providers present in at least two census regions have been included in the list.
- In the online categories, only retailers and service providers present mainly online have been included in the list.
- For retailers and service providers with an online presence and store networks, only the core business was considered.
In total the survey took an average of 9-11 minutes to complete and the field period ran from May to July 2022.
The final assessment and rankings were based on the Likelihood of Recommendation (50% of the final score) and five evaluation criteria (also 50% of the final score)
1. Quality of communication: measures whether the contact (via e-mail, telephone or face to face) was friendly or polite.
2. Professional competence: measures the quality of information received and whether questions were answered correctly and in sufficient detail.
3. Range of services: measures the variety of solutions available to fulfill one’s personal expectations.
4. Customer focus: measures whether the customer feels acknowledged and important.
5. Accessibility: measures the availability of customer service in a shop or on a helpline.
The top 3-5 brands based on category size receiving the highest scores in each category were awarded as America’s Best Customer Service 2023.
* Please note the following conditions
The term of this Agreement is one year from purchase date.
In consideration for payment, you (The Licensee) are hereby granted a nonexclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license during the term of this Agreement for digital use rights (web posting, email, digital presentations, branded social media and similar) and print reproduction use rights (letterhead, sales materials, reports, white papers, brochures, posters and signage and similar) of the Newsweek Logo (The Logo) pictured in this agreement.
The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that The Logo and all rights, title and interest herein are and shall remain the exclusive property of Newsweek.
The Licensee may not attribute any statement of fact to Newsweek beyond your placement on the list in your respective industry. You alone are responsible for the admissibility of the commercial use of The Logo under competition law; in this respect, Newsweek and Statista give no guarantee and assume no liability. Licensee shall not distort, misrepresent, alter the meaning of or otherwise edit The Logo. Newsweek may terminate this Agreement upon 30 days’ written notice if Licensee materially breaches any of the terms of this Agreement; provided, however, that this Agreement will not terminate if the breaching party has substantially cured the breach to the reasonable satisfaction of Newsweek within 30 days of a notice pursuant to this section.
Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, Licensee’s right to use The Logo shall immediately terminate and all rights granted to Licensee hereunder with respect to The Logo shall automatically revert to Newsweek without further notice.
This Agreement contains the full and complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior representations and understanding, whether oral or written. This Agreement shall be construed and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles.
All amounts described shall be in United States dollars and are net of all sales, use property and related taxes and customs duties.