- The World’s Best Smart Hospitals 2021 ranking awards the leading 250 hospitals in the field of smart technologies.
- The ranking process is based on three main steps
1. In depth interviews with Smart Hospital experts to identify relevant categories and generate questions for the international online survey
2. International online survey: hospital managers and health care professionals with knowledge about smart hospitals were asked to recommend leading Smart Hospitals across the globe
3. Desk research for every nominated hospital as validation for this hospital’s achievements
- Survey participants were asked for recommendations in five sub categories. Participants also had the opportunity to name an additional category which they consider relevant in the context of Smart hospitals. The five categories were: Digital Surgery, Digital Imaging, Artificial Intelligence, Telehealth and Electronic Medical Records.
- Participants were also asked to assess confidence in their assessment of Smart Hospitals, which was used to determine individual weights for the recommendations.
- During the survey period from February to March 2021, over 13,000 votes were collected in the survey. In addition to the quantitative information, it was also possible to provide qualitative context for the selection via a text field.
- A score was calculated for each hospital based on the number of recommendations in each sub category. International recommendations were weighted higher than national recommendations (60:40), reinforcing the international focus of this ranking.
- The preliminary results were reviewed by a board of experts consisting of renowned medical professionals with knowledge about Smart Hospitals
For the extended version of the methodology please click here.
Please note the following conditions:
The term of this Agreement is one year from purchase date.
In consideration for payment, you (The Licensee) are hereby granted a nonexclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license during the term of this Agreement for digital use rights (web posting, email, digital presentations, branded social media and similar) and print reproduction use rights (letterhead, sales materials, reports, white papers, brochures, posters and signage and similar) of the Newsweek Logo (The Logo) pictured in this agreement.
The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that The Logo and all rights, title and interest herein are and shall remain the exclusive property of Newsweek.
The Licensee may not attribute any statement of fact to Newsweek beyond your placement on the list in your respective industry. You alone are responsible for the admissibility of the commercial use of The Logo under competition law; in this respect, Newsweek and Statista give no guarantee and assume no liability. Licensee shall not distort, misrepresent, alter the meaning of or otherwise edit The Logo. Newsweek may terminate this Agreement upon 30 days’ written notice if Licensee materially breaches any of the terms of this Agreement; provided, however, that this Agreement will not terminate if the breaching party has substantially cured the breach to the reasonable satisfaction of Newsweek within 30 days of a notice pursuant to this section.
Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, Licensee’s right to use The Logo shall immediately terminate and all rights granted to Licensee hereunder with respect to The Logo shall automatically revert to Newsweek without further notice.
This Agreement contains the full and complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior representations and understanding, whether oral or written. This Agreement shall be construed and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles.
All amounts described shall be in United States dollars and are net of all sales, use property and related taxes and customs duties.