Mobile Facebook Usage Rises Sharply
Facebook shares hit a new all-time high yesterday after news of strong mobile growth had spurred optimism among analysts and investors. 15 months after the company's disappointing IPO, Facebook's shares closed at $41.34 on Monday, up 133 percent since hitting rock bottom in September 2012. Facebook's stock had first returned to its IPO price of $38 as recently as August 2, after the company had delivered encouraging second quarter results.
The most recent climb of Facebook's shares came on the heels of a research note published by a J.P. Morgan analyst last Thursday. The analyst expressed his optimism that any decline of desktop-based usage Facebook might suffer, would be more than made up for by the increase in mobile usage. This claim was supported by comScore data that also surfaced on Thursday, showing that mobile engagement had risen sharply over the past year, while desktop-based Facebook use saw a moderate decline. If Facebook continues to successfully convert mobile usage into mobile ad dollars, Facebook's current valuation of above $100 billion might be justified after all.
- Mobile MarketingGoogle and Facebook Dominate Booming Mobile Ad Market
This chart shows global mobile advertising revenues from 2012 to 2014.
- TwitterMarketers Have Yet To Embrace Twitter Advertising
This chart shows the results of a Socialbakers survey among 500+ marketers regarding their company’s adoption of social networks as advertising platforms.
- Wages and SalaryThese Tech CEOs Made Billions in 2013
This chart shows the net appreciation of selected tech executives' company stockholdings in 2013.
- NetflixNetflix's Share Price Almost Quadrupled in 2013
This chart shows how selected public technology companies have performed at the stock market in 2013.
- GrouponGroupon in Trouble?
This chart shows Groupon's stock performance since the company's IPO in November 2011. Groupon's stock price has fallen by more than 40 percent since its first trading day.
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in July 2014 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide from 3rd quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Facebook's advertising revenue worldwide from 2012 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2012-2016
- Worldwide net mobile advertising revenue of online companies 2011-2013Worldwide net mobile advertising revenue of online companies 2011-2013
- Worldwide net mobile advertising revenue share of selected online companies 2012-2014Worldwide net mobile advertising revenue share of selected online companies 2012-2014
- Global mobile app and advertising spending 2008-2013Global mobile app and advertising spending 2008-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter