Mobile Facebook Usage Rises Sharply
Facebook shares hit a new all-time high yesterday after news of strong mobile growth had spurred optimism among analysts and investors. 15 months after the company's disappointing IPO, Facebook's shares closed at $41.34 on Monday, up 133 percent since hitting rock bottom in September 2012. Facebook's stock had first returned to its IPO price of $38 as recently as August 2, after the company had delivered encouraging second quarter results.
The most recent climb of Facebook's shares came on the heels of a research note published by a J.P. Morgan analyst last Thursday. The analyst expressed his optimism that any decline of desktop-based usage Facebook might suffer, would be more than made up for by the increase in mobile usage. This claim was supported by comScore data that also surfaced on Thursday, showing that mobile engagement had risen sharply over the past year, while desktop-based Facebook use saw a moderate decline. If Facebook continues to successfully convert mobile usage into mobile ad dollars, Facebook's current valuation of above $100 billion might be justified after all.
- Product brands with the most Facebook fans as of July 2015 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook 2015
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 1st quarter 2015 (in millions)
Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2015
- Facebook's annual revenue from 2009 to 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Facebook's annual revenue from 2009-2014
- Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2012-2016Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2012-2016
- Forecast: shipment value railroad rolling stock manufacture US 2008-2020Forecast: shipment value railroad rolling stock manufacture US 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue live animal wholesale UK 2008-2020Forecast: revenue live animal wholesale UK 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue rolling stock manufacture Germany 2008-2020Forecast: revenue rolling stock manufacture Germany 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue live animal wholesale Germany 2008-2020Forecast: revenue live animal wholesale Germany 2008-2020
- Forecast: total revenue railroad rolling stock manufacture Canada 2008-2020Forecast: total revenue railroad rolling stock manufacture Canada 2008-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens