5 Billion People to Use Mobile Phones by 2017
More than 4.3 billion people in the world will use a mobile phone this year. Even more impressively, by 2017, eMarketer predicts the number of mobile phone users to surpass 5 billion worldwide.
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Global market share held by the leading smartphone operating systems in sales to end users from 1st quarter 2009 to 4th quarter 2013
Global market share held by smartphone operating systems 2009-2013, by quarter
- Global market share held by the leading smartphone vendors from 2012 to 2013
Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2013
- Forecast: mobile phone users in Argentina 2010-2017Forecast: mobile phone users in Argentina 2010-2017
- U.S. Generation X: mobile phone users 2012U.S. Generation X: mobile phone users 2012
- China: mobile phone users by month May 2014China: mobile phone users by month May 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter