Photos, Maps and Games Are Mobile-First Content
While it is undisputed that mobile devices have changed the way we interact with online content, the degree to which content is consumed on mobile devices depends on the type of content. While photos, maps and games are mobile-first content, web portals are still used primarily on desktop PCs.
Distribution of time spent on apps on mobile devices in the United States in June 2015, by category
Time spent on apps on mobile devices 2015, by category
Percentage of time spent on mobile web and apps on connected devices in the United States from 2013 to 2015
Distribution of time spent on web and apps in the U.S. 2013-2015
Global mobile data traffic from 2014 to 2019 (in exabytes per month)
Global mobile data traffic 2014-2019
- Distribution of time spent on web and apps in the U.S. 2013-2015Distribution of time spent on web and apps in the U.S. 2013-2015
- Mobile-only visitors to leading U.S. web properties in January 2014Mobile-only visitors to leading U.S. web properties in January 2014
- Global mobile data traffic 2014-2019Global mobile data traffic 2014-2019
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens