Only 34% of All Tweets Are in English
This chart shows the distribution of languages on Twitter. According to Semiocast, only 34% of all tweets in September 2013 were written in english.
- FacebookFacebook Drives 20x As Much Traffic As Twitter Does
This chart shows the percentage of overall traffic to websites coming from Facebook or Twitter referrals. Next to social referrals, overall traffic includes direct traffic, paid and organic search traffic etc.
- 2014 FIFA World CupWorld Cup Final Sparks 32 Million Tweets
This chart shows the most tweeted-about matches of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
- TwitterThese TV Series Had the Biggest Reach on Twitter Last Season
This chart shows the TV series with the biggest average reach on Twitter in the past TV season. On average, more than 6 million Twitter users viewed at least one tweet related to Breaking Bad whenever a new episode aired in the past 6 months.
- TwitterAsia to Become Twitter's Most Important Market
This charts shows an estimated regional breakdown of Twitter's active user base from 2012 to 2018.
- TwitterDoes Twitter Have a Stickiness Problem?
This chart shows how many Twitter accounts that have been created between 2008 and 2013 were still active in February 2014.
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2013Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2013
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of June 2014 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of June 2014
- Number of unique U.S. visitors to Twitter from April 2011 to January 2014 (in millions)
Number of unique U.S. visitors to Twitter as of January 2014
- Number of Twitter employees between January 2008 and November 2013
Twitter: number of employees 2008-2013
- Number of monthly active Twitter users as of 2nd quarter 2014Number of monthly active Twitter users as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Twitter: regional user distribution 2012-2018Twitter: regional user distribution 2012-2018
- Twitter: NFL players with the most followers as of August 2014Twitter: NFL players with the most followers as of August 2014
- Number of successfully funded projects on Kickstarter.com as of August 2014, by project category
Kickstarter: number of successful projects per category as of August 2014
- Cumulative amount of funding pledged to Kickstarter projects as of July 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Kickstarter: total amount of funding pledged as of July 2014
- Amount of funding pledged to Kickstarter projects per day from 1st quarter to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Kickstarter: daily amount of funding pledged as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Leading beauty brands with the most followers on Facebook as of August 2014 (in millions)
Facebook: number of followers of popular beauty brands 2014
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in July 2014 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Leading technology brands with the most Facebook fans in July 2014 (in millions)
Technology brand pages with the most fans in July 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter