Only 34% of All Tweets Are in English
This chart shows the distribution of languages on Twitter. According to Semiocast, only 34% of all tweets in September 2013 were written in english.
- Media usage in an online minute 2016Media usage in an online minute 2016
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016
- Most played PC games 2015Most played PC games 2015
- Twitter user growth in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2018Twitter user growth in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2018
- U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020
- Average number of tweets per Twitter user in 2012, by genderAverage number of tweets per Twitter user in 2012, by gender
Most popular subjects of conversation on Twitter in the United States in 2015, based on total number of mentions (in millions)
Leading U.S. Twitter topics 2015, by mentions
Popular hashtags dicussed via Black Twitter as of August 2015, by number of tweets (in 1000s)
Black Twitter: popular hashtag discussions 2015
Number of data removal requests issued to Twitter from January 2012 to June 2016
Twitter: total number of data removal requests as of H1 2016
Most popular Facebook apps in November 2015, by monthly active users (in millions)
Monthly active users of the most popular Facebook apps 2015
Facebook's advertising revenue worldwide from 2009 to 2016 (in million U.S. dollars)
Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2009-2016
Facebook's annual revenue from 2009 to 2016 (in million U.S. dollars)
Facebook: annual revenue 2009-2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017
- Online social network activities in the Netherlands 2012-2015Online social network activities in the Netherlands 2012-2015
- Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015
- Social networks by number of visits in Germany 2015Social networks by number of visits in Germany 2015
- Social media channel usage in commercial enterprises in Germany 2015Social media channel usage in commercial enterprises in Germany 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl