Only 34% of All Tweets Are in English
This chart shows the distribution of languages on Twitter. According to Semiocast, only 34% of all tweets in September 2013 were written in english.
- Media usage in an online minute 2015Media usage in an online minute 2015
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2015Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2015
- Most played PC games 2015Most played PC games 2015
- Twitter user growth in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2018Twitter user growth in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2018
- U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020
- Average number of tweets per Twitter user in 2012, by genderAverage number of tweets per Twitter user in 2012, by gender
Active social network penetration in selected countries as of January 2016
Social media: active usage penetration in selected countries 2016
Number of social network users worldwide from 2010 to 2020 (in billions)
Number of global social network users 2010-2020
Ranking of the richest social media entrepreneurs as of March 2016, by net worth (in billion U.S. dollars)
Net worth of the richest social media entrepreneurs 2016
Number of daily active Snapchat users from March 2014 to June 2016 (in millions)
Daily active users of Snapchat 2014-2016
Number of user data requests made to Snapchat from U.S. federal agencies and courts from 2014 to 2015
Snapchat user data requests by U.S. federal authorities 2014-2015
Number of daily mobile video views on Snapchat as of April 2016 (in billions)
Daily mobile video viewing volume on Snapchat 2015-2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Online social network activities in the Netherlands 2012-2015Online social network activities in the Netherlands 2012-2015
- Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015
- Social media channel usage in commercial enterprises in Germany 2015Social media channel usage in commercial enterprises in Germany 2015
- Social networks by number of visits in Germany 2014Social networks by number of visits in Germany 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens